Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I'm really hoping that you guys can help me out. I recently got my 04 450r and it ran fine until 2 days ago. It starts 1 or 2 kicks idles fine even revs fine in idle but as so as I'm moving in any gear i have to slowly accelerate other if i give it to much throttle it cuts out really bad. Any thoughts would help please my only conclusion that I've thought of was the diaphragm in the accelerator pump on the bottom of the carb needs replacing. From the little research I've done 04 and 05 450r's are notorious for it. I'm also brand new to the sight so I hope I posted this in the right location. Like I said any tips would be great I have hardly anytime to work on it or ride so when I do I'd like it to run right! Thanks

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,558 Posts
Welcome to the ORG!

Anytime you have an issue that is carb related your best bet is just to pull it and look it over. It’s really hard with a somewhat vague description of symptoms to pinpoint what may be wrong. I’ve seen main jets fall out, linkage to throttle valves come apart, air leaks, and other things that can cause poor running conditions. usually, but not always, if something starts suddenly running poor like you describe it will be something pretty apparent once you open up the carb. However the accelerator pump issue that you’re talking about is not something that I’ve ever seen.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts