Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just wondering which plastic should i pick. I really like the black but does it fade and show scratches better or worse than the red? :huh:

Yellow 300ex
03 bought new in march 04
K&N filter
Outerwear slip
for sale

Leavenworth, Ks

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
its all up to you man they both look cool!! btw if you get the black it could possibly show more scratches -_- <_<

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya but i was just wondering which one does better with scratches and keeps its shine longer

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Originally posted by LacyM@Aug 10 2004, 11:08 PM
ya but i was just wondering which one does better with scratches and keeps its shine longer
red...get black if your'e doing dunes...if you ride trails it will get scrathed in a metter of days & it will look like crap...looks good o nthe showroom floor though...looks can be deceiving

·
Registered
69 Posts
My red plastic is looking bad, can the black look that bad after a while? My R is old now, its almost 7 months old. Wow. And the only thing that has gone wrong with it was a broke clutch cable. I guess the object that jabbed it at the Florida GNCC race was a little tougher than the housing. Went all the way thru and hit the cable.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I bought my black 05 450r 3 weeks ago i ran it thought some trails and hit the dunes in north carolinas outerbanks. i rolled it in the sand and it scrached the hell out of the plastic. the black is so easy to scratch that i even scratch it when washing the mud off with a cloth. The showroom floor look is definately deceveing. Not that big of a deal you dont buy a atv to let it sit in your garage, right?

·
Registered
35 Posts
From what I'm hearing the 450r stock plastic is pretty inexpensive to buy so if you get the black and it looks to wrecked after awhile just switch it out for red.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Originally posted by Quads_are_Gnarly@Aug 12 2004, 06:46 PM
haha im an idiot.  Im the one who posted that link to that web site.....  :ph34r:
lmao , B)

·
Registered
315 Posts
I had a black Raptor. It scratched up pretty fast and easily. There is a product called "Plexis". It really helps bring the shine back in your plastic, and will hide a few of the smaller scratches.

I'm ordering black plastic for my 04' :D

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
id get the red. i wish they would makr them with white plastic

·
Registered
278 Posts
I LIKE THE RED CANT BEAT IT

·
Registered
55 Posts
hey Des, got a pic of one with white palstics? i think it would look cool...with yamaha's candy apple/white color scheme...that would be SWEET.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
hey trxjunky are u washing the heavy stuff off first before u rub that cloth all over the plastic? that helps too

1 - 16 of 16 Posts