Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Stock 05 450R
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I got my R together a few weeks ago and went for a few rides. Took things easy cause of my once broken foot, but it still ended up swelling a bit.

That got me thinking about getting the aftermarket pegs. When I rebuilt, I kept my orginal nerfs and stock pegs with the maxi-misers (sp?) add ons that Pro Armor sells.

Anyways, I really hated by bumper and nerfs after the rebuild. They just did not fit in anymore. Plus, everything looks brand new except those items. And I do not have it in me to polish them or send them out for PC. Tired of all that.

So, I decided to shop around for a larger set of pegs (not that it will really help my foot much... but a great excuse to spend the money :whistle: ). And I've always wanted the Pro Grip system with nerfs, heels and the billet pegs but the price on that stuff is crazy high. Then while shopping around, I find out that the billet powergrip pegs are discountinued. So I set out to find someone who had a set in stock and would give me a package deal. And that I did.... got an awesome price on the entire set-up including a new bumper.

These billet pegs are huge. I'm guessing the steel version are the same size but to see them in billet.... wow.

Plus, people who know me understand I have a polished aluminum and billet addiction.

Only negative to all this (besides spending more money) is that they shipped me the wrong bumper. And there in the east coast so I might just order the correct one from Pro Armor. I get there shipments in 1 to 2 days.

Anyone want to buy a black Pro Armor Pro MX bumper? PM me.

·
Stock 05 450R
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Took the old nerfs/pegs off the bike.... here's a comparison of the pegs. They are twice as wide and 3" longer (compared to stock).

·
Registered
11,022 Posts
man i thought the steel ones where nice, now i can see why the billet ones cost so much more, because those are sick!!

·
Stock 05 450R
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a large piece of billet... but they retailed for $300 (ouch!). Pro Armor has zero left for the R and will not be making anymore.

If anyone ever thought about getting these, you can get a good clearance deal if you can find a set. I got it in a package deal but paid well under $200 for them.

·
YamaWho?
1,487 Posts
try riding on em barefoot!! :crazy: ... id rather walk on glass.
them things look like somthing out of a meat grinder!

but none the less... nice as hell!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have the same pegs. I really like them. The only problem I have had is after i hit a deer on my quad I had a quick dismount after being veared into some nasty ruts and the kickup on the end of the pegs left a 6" incision on my leg down to the bone. I have since added a set of nerf bars. I have always hated nerf bars but not as much as being laid up on the couch for two weeks. I can't believe Pro Armor is discontinuing them. They are the best pegs I have ever ridden on.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Anyone want to buy a black Pro Armor Pro MX bumper? PM me.[/b]
You have a pic of the pro mx bumper mounted on your quad and What you going to do with your old foot peg maximizers or whatever their called lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts