Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys that have a Bill Ballance pipe and K+N filter(w/outerwear and proflow) i was wondering what jetting you guys have. I know i will have to do some tuning but would like to have a starting point. Also i cut two 2" holes in my airbox lid. Hopefully my jets and filter kit get here tommorrow as the dealer said they would. Got my pipe today and put it on and really like how it sounded :D (throaty)

·
Registered
529 Posts
It will be hard to suggest a jet considering we do not know the size of the holes you cut in your airbox lid. I would suggest taking it off instead. You'll want a main jet between 180-190 and the air screw turned between 2-3 turns. These are the suggestions HMF gives. I on the other had, tried it and mine keep booging, so I eventually ended up with a 195 and the air screw out 3.5 turns. I'm told this is not right, but the bike seems to run fine. I'd recommend doing what HMF says and then a plug check. Go to HMF's website, this topic has been coveredn great deal. www.hmfengineering.com, or post it under the HMF section of this site.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts