Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just did a valve adjustment on my bike.

both intakes were really tight. and only one exaust needed reshimming.

when i kickstart the bike it backfires with one pop, loud pop.

it kicks over right away and runs fine.

whats causing this since it didnt do it before?

·
450R Rider
1,225 Posts

whats causing this since it didnt do it before?[/b]
thats crazy because mine just backfired for the first time in its life on start-up, mine is an e-start but just one loud pop, and then started right up after.

mabye its just today for some reason?

funny part was my neibour was cutting his grass and because i started it in the garage is sounded like a gun shot, he came to my rescue, lol

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

whats causing this since it didnt do it before?[/b]
thats crazy because mine just backfired for the first time in its life on start-up, mine is an e-start but just one loud pop, and then started right up after.

mabye its just today for some reason?

funny part was my neibour was cutting his grass and because i started it in the garage is sounded like a gun shot, he came to my rescue, lol
[/b]
exactly like a gun shot.. LOL

did you have any maintenance done to it prior to this?

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
I actually sent a PM to the Ticeman about this issue, as I suspected it was caused by being right on the verge of being too lean.. on the pilot circuit. He confirmed and said that it was a symptom. He talked like it was "really close" but lean and probably has great throttle response. It keeps the revs crisp though and you do not get a "muddy" feeling from being too rich. Id try t a few turns out or at the most , one size up on the pilot.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Mine does it too man. Just let it be if everything is already dialed in on your jetting.

It makes me chuckle everytime it happens.....a little shotgun blast from time to time keeps everyone on their toes. :whistle:

I actually think mine is from setting my decompression lever clearance so tight for easy kicking.....Im lazy, I like to sit down and kick. I figure it's just raw A/F floating around in the header somewhere that catches------ and poof!

Did you mess with your decomp lever?

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mine does it too man. Just let it be if everything is already dialed in on your jetting.

It makes me chuckle everytime it happens.....a little shotgun blast from time to time keeps everyone on their toes. :whistle:

I actually think mine is from setting my decompression lever clearance so tight for easy kicking.....Im lazy, I like to sit down and kick. I figure it's just raw A/F floating around in the header somewhere that catches------ and poof!

Did you mess with your decomp lever?[/b]

i did adjust the decomp lever.

·
Registered
436 Posts

Did you mess with your decomp lever?[/b]

i did adjust the decomp lever.
[/b]
If you set the decompressor up for less kicking compression, I'd say it's what I mentioned above......no real problem with it doing that either. It wont hurt anything.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts