Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Also has e-bay account "thrmanex". I purchased a trx450 frame advertised with a title. There was a problem with the title. I sent it back registered receipt as requested by GDH Racing so they could get it straightend out. Well it's been over 6 months and no title yet. They won't respond to my e-mails or answer the phone when I call. I DO NOT RECOMMEND DOING BUSINESS WITH GDH RACING!!! THEY ARE CROOKS!!! I was dealing with John Helmic(owner) and when the 45 day buyer protection period ran out he stopped all communication... CROOK CROOK CROOK!!!! :angry:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The state of AZ didn't recognize the Illinois reposession affidavid. They wanted a AZ resposession affidavid even though the it was a AZ title. All they had to do is have a power of atterney form notorized (it would of only been good for this one transaction) so I could of had the AZ reposession affidavid done and notorized and then the AZ DMV would of put the title in GDH Racing name then (with the power of atterney form) it would of also allowed the AZ dmv to put the title in my name. John helmic owner of GDH didn't belive me and wanted to check into it him self. Well lo and behold he found out I was right. But he still refused to go the power atterney route and wanted me to send the title back to him so he could get it straightend out though Tenn court. So I sent it back reqistered receipt and it was signed for so I know they got. And now here I sit with a $500 frame I can't use or register in my name.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I had a bad run in with him on ebay as well, I bought plastics for my sons 400ex and when i got them they were covered in wd-40, and after I got that wiped off they were scratched real bad. I complained and said the plastics in the ad were advertised as the ones I would get, they had graphics and the ones I got had none!. I left bad feedback, then a few months later I needed a new seat pan for my 450r, he was the only one who had one at a reasonable price so I gave it another try. I finally received it and it was for a 400ex!!, I left bad feedback and complained and he said I should have talked to him before I left bad feedback, then he blocked me!, anyone need a 400ex seat pan? lol

·
Premium Member
2,860 Posts
Y do you need a title for a off road machine I know a lot of ppl that don't have them I registered my wifes bike and it was like 500 bucks so when I got my bike I didn't register it I have all the paper work for it but never have done it and I still got insurance on it and my wifes bike.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here in AZ we are required to register our offroad toys. AZ also requires a OHV(off highway vehicle) sticker. This sticker has to be displayed on your RV(recreation vehicle)plate. We have to pay a one time registartion fee and a annual $25 fee for our OHV sticker. Also in CA. as we ride in the dunes. If we have a AZ RV plate we don't have to have a "non resident" offroad sticker. being we ride in AZ and CA. I would rather have a RV plate. Also if you don't register it you have no way to prove ownership. I bought a 450 from (what I thought was my friend). He was sopposed to get me the title when he paid off the loan.(there was a 1 yr period this was sopposed to happen) well after the 1 yr was up he pretty much told me to go F$#@ myself...so now I need a title. So I thought I would just purchase another frame w/ a title and transfer the parts over and be done with it...So do you wanna sell me your title? :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,860 Posts
Sorry bro u don't think I can sale my title.

What year of bike is it and that's **** he won't give you the title y won't he? And can you not file for a lost title or something cuz if he had one and then there is paper work at the dmv or tag office of the title or you could take him to court for the title or to get your money back for the bike and you can just try to resale the other frame you bought.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm pretty sure there is still a lein against it. So I can't file for a lost title. If he hasn't been paying the loan it could be up for reposession. Now if they know where it is they will come get it. Then I will be out a quad and the 3K I paid for it. I have taken people to small claims court and it's a joke. You still don't get your money. I can pay a bond for the frame I purchased and its about 600 bucks. But it's cheaper just to buy another one w/ a title...believe me I have thought of every avenue to get this done...I have the frame advertized on craigslist now, but everyone wants a title it seems. The bike is a 05 450R. My 15 yr old boy rides it. he has been riding since he was 4...he ride the wheels off it...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Beware!!! Crooks!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bump.....BEWARE!!!

·
Banned
151 Posts
Here in AZ we are required to register our offroad toys. AZ also requires a OHV(off highway vehicle) sticker. This sticker has to be displayed on your RV(recreation vehicle)plate. We have to pay a one time registartion fee and a annual $25 fee for our OHV sticker. Also in CA. as we ride in the dunes. If we have a AZ RV plate we don't have to have a "non resident" offroad sticker. being we ride in AZ and CA. I would rather have a RV plate. Also if you don't register it you have no way to prove ownership. I bought a 450 from (what I thought was my friend). He was sopposed to get me the title when he paid off the loan.(there was a 1 yr period this was sopposed to happen) well after the 1 yr was up he pretty much told me to go F$#@ myself...so now I need a title. So I thought I would just purchase another frame w/ a title and transfer the parts over and be done with it...So do you wanna sell me your title? :cool:
you do not need a title in either of those states to get the OHV sticker.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
try to have it regsitered in NM, they are pretty easy to do ;) . and then later transfer it to AZ.. trust me it can be done..

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you do not need a title in either of those states to get the OHV sticker.
You wrong there trail450r....
CA, you can get a "resident OHV sticker" if your a CA resident. Or you can get a "non reseident OHV sticker" if your not a resident to ride in the CA dunes. AZ requires a "OHV offroad sticker" to ride in the AZ desert. To get a "OHV offroad sticker" you have to have your offroad toy registered. The only way to get it registered is to have a title that is in the owners name.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
try to have it regsitered in NM, they are pretty easy to do ;) . and then later transfer it to AZ.. trust me it can be done..
wouldn't I need to know someone with a NM address? I would almost try anything at this point..lol

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Have you looked into contacting law enforcement to peruse an Internet fraud case? I think it would be worth a look... JMO
Good idea too...I am going to contact the Tenn. Police Dept. to see about a theft claim. I'm also checking into see about taking them to small claims court. I'm hoping I can take them to court here in AZ.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
You wrong there trail450r....
CA, you can get a "resident OHV sticker" if your a CA resident. Or you can get a "non reseident OHV sticker" if your not a resident to ride in the CA dunes. AZ requires a "OHV offroad sticker" to ride in the AZ desert. To get a "OHV offroad sticker" you have to have your offroad toy registered. The only way to get it registered is to have a title that is in the owners name.
ok so if i take my atv currently registered in NM, to ride in Glamis or any place in AZ i need to get a sticker even so its not going to be more than a day or two?

wouldn't I need to know someone with a NM address? I would almost try anything at this point..lol
yes,. most likely and sorry but i dont know to lend you my address. but you only need a bill of sale and a the old title..

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok so if i take my atv currently registered in NM, to ride in Glamis or any place in AZ i need to get a sticker even so its not going to be more than a day or two?

yes,. most likely and sorry but i dont know to lend you my address. but you only need a bill of sale and a the old title..

As a resident of AZ, I know for a fact about the RV plate and OHV offroad sticker. I'm not sure how the jurisdiction falls when its registered in another state. But i do know when riding at the Glamis dunes you need to have either a "non CA resident OHV sticker" or display a RV(recreational Vehicle) plate and be registered in the state you reside in. Even if it's going to be a day or two.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've bought a bunch if stuff and have never had a problem
I quess your lucky or I have bad luck. I have purchased other stuff before without any problems as well. But I don't know whats up with the dude but I am finding more & more people are taking the shaft from them..

1 - 20 of 43 Posts