Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My motor is fullll of shavings and my gaskets are still good but if I try to take em off the one side of the case that its pressed on it will break. So I was gonna use gass but thats more corrosive and might damage my seals and gasket, so I was thinking deisle fuel then clean it out dry with a rag.

any help!?

·
Oregon Coast Powersports
4,057 Posts
i would spend the money on new gaskets and make sure you thoroughly clean out the cases.

·
Stock 05 450R
1,942 Posts
What he said + flush out the oil cooler.

Hard to believe you are doing all that work and don't want to replace the gaskets. Crazy.

·
Premium Member
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okay, if someone is willing to send me a gasket kit for free, I would be glad to use it, but when you don't have money, you got to make with what you got

·
Oregon Coast Powersports
4,057 Posts
you might not have money for a gasket kit now, but will you have money for a crank or bearings if the shavings get in there and ruin those? it will be beneficial to wait and fix it when you can rather than run it now and chance ruining more parts.

·
Stock 05 450R
1,942 Posts
I hear you Bandit. I meant no offence on the "crazy" comment. Just keep in mind how much work it would be if the center case gasket leaks when your done. It's the only gasket that requires a full teardown to replace.

If you do not have the money to buy one... you might consider saving up for one before you put her back together.

Either way, hope all goes well with your rebuild.

·
Premium Member
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the help, but I have heard about ppl reusing their gaskets all the time befor and also on a few topics on this site with no problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts