Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im getting new parts for performance and i want to know what i should look to get first as a starter! I was going to go big bore but i dont want to do that myself because i feel i will mess up but actually the reason is because i dont know how to do it, or should i go hot cams or anything else thanks!

· Registered
189 Posts
Depending on how much money you want to spend and what's currently done to the bike as you didn't specify whether it was stock or not. Best bang for your buck would be hrc kit. I'd get a full exhaust,jet kit, cam, intake, bored carb, porting... before jumping to a big bore. In my opinion, you won't get maximum performance from a big bore without the said above anyway. Green wire mod is free.

· Registered
189 Posts
Doesn't sound like a bad game plan. Hot cams are all around good cams for mild builds. Depending on your riding a Hot cam stage 1 = power down low, stage 2= some low and nice midrange power, stage 3 is a top end cam makes its power in the higher rpm range. Hrc cam is also a good cam as well its personal preference. As for jetting, you won't know until you pull the bowl off and take a look.

take a look at this thread. Most mods mentioned are free or very cost efficient

http://www.trx450r.org/forum/93-eng...et.html#/forumsite/20786/topics/126568?page=1

· Registered
2006 Honda trx450er
238 Posts
also, you won't get much power out of your cam until you add an exhaust you may feel a slight increase in power but with a exhaust it will be much better
This is an older forum look up at the top left corner of a post to tell the date it was written

1 - 8 of 8 Posts