Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i just moved to NY and its a pain in the ass to find a cp with internet but anyways can anyone tell me what the best snow tire is cause i willbe riding this winter that is ofcourse if nobody has had any problem riding their 450 in the snow. anyways i was ust curious because i need to get some new tires anyway thanks in advance
o yeah and if they are special tires would i be able to ride dirt withought it shaking me to death at higher speeds

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
might want to look into the maxxis razr 2. Very aggresive tire and will not shake you to death at higher speeds.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
The 4snow tires seem to be pretty popular, i've been seeing them alot at the flat drags too!

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Buy a snow track kit. I bet you will be the only one with that. Tracks for the back and ski's for the front!

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
i was thinking about gettin a track kit, i think it owuld be mint, but i want feedback from people who have used it on sport bikes, and wat kinda torque and speed losses happen, how much snow theyll go thru, etc, any one got any info, a price would be nice too, even a deal.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Put studs in your old stock tires as long as there is still some decent tread on them.
Just make sure you dont ride on any asphalt.

·
Registered
242 Posts
i live in maine and when i had my 400ex i ran studded spider tracs and they hooked up real well in the snow

·
Registered
315 Posts
Originally posted by t00muchmetal@Aug 29 2004, 11:18 PM
i live in maine and when i had my 400ex i ran studded spider tracs and they hooked up real well in the snow
Try' em on a frozen lake... Now that's alot of fun!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I like the maxxis sur-track for the snow. They're pretty heavy, but they definetly hook up. They're nice for sand too, especially when you're riding on rough stuff with rocks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cool thanks guys for the info

my stock tire tread is shot and so is the tire dog bit em front right & back left

dj89 - I live on long island in hampton bays

1 - 12 of 12 Posts