Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at the PRM or AC? I know several desert racers use AC, but a .250 PRM looks really heavy duty (which is what I want).

·
Registered
157 Posts
I've got the AC 1/4" and it's sturdy. Bounced it off a couple of rocks the other day, no damage at all. Only problem I found is when I went to adjust my Rebound on the rear. The linkage protection blocks the screw to adjust it! ha! But I'm happy to have the linkage protected, just means it takes a little longer to setup suspension. Oh well! -_-

Take a look at how beefy it is in the thread "AC Skid Pics" in this section.

-RR

·
Registered
986 Posts
PRO-TECT the thing is made of stainless. it also has room for bigger sprockets with out spacers. my buddies PRM did not. i think i only paid 140 or a little under. check out their web site it's not great but it works. the skid is awsome i actullay launced my quad off a hudge rock with it and didn't even scratch it

·
Registered
497 Posts
I got the PRM's .190 and it is really beefy. I saw the .250 and that thing weighed alot!!! so i went with the .190 instead.

·
Registered
986 Posts
are you talking about the white plastic stuff that runs along the bottom of the chain?

if so then yes it does. check out their site and give them a call real nice grupi of guys

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
I had a PRM .250 on my 400ex and now I got it for my 450R and you can not tell it is back there as far as weight is concerned. I ride in the woods all the time and hit rocks a lot, so it stands to reason that I get a heavy duty one. The .250 is awsome for the woods, and I can get to all my adjustments on my shock. It even has the space to fit the Elka linkage! I know because I have the Elka linkage. PRM awsome!!! :D :) :) :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts