Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the market for a Nitrous kit for my Drag 450R...What kits are out there and which do you guy's Perfer...Only company I know that makes Nitrous kit's for ATV's is Boondockers...So Im kinda left in the Dark on the Rest...Whats the best set-up to go with??? Thanks for your help ahead of time... :rock:

· Registered
396 Posts
I can hook you up with coldfusion. I have been a dealer for them for4 years and there product rocks and is priced reasonable. Pm me if your interested.. Wet kits all work on the same principle so the best price is what your after.
Boss nos good for small gains dunning etc but if your serious tou will want a wet kit. Later Brindley

· Registered
10,717 Posts
Listen to HIM ^......Brindley knows what he is talking about.....

I dont think there is a cheaper kit than the Cold Fusion...but I could be wrong..... all your buying is the two solenoids, a fuel pump, a bottle, and some hardware and fuel/N2O lines..... other than that this is a totally custom setup on an ATV......the Cold Fusion kit will come with everything you need......except maybe a WOT switch....arming switch... Relay... etc.. minor cost....

on the 06.....MAKE sure whichever system you buy uses the small high pressure nylon feed lines (like CF).....you will NOT be able to use the larger Stainless Steel "aero" type of feed lines.....the Starter will not permit it....

good luck...and spray away....

jmho...Greg

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guy's...Brindley you have a PM...Looks like Im going to go with Cold Fusion, Im shure that I will have ALOT of questions once I get ready to Install the Kit...And thanks ahead of time for the Answers guys!!

· Registered
10,717 Posts
Your all a bunch of Cheaters.....! ! ! ...

wait......shux.... I'm included.... :11doh:

I wrote a lengthy install on the CF wet kit for an 06....so if your gonna install on the 06..... you may want to read up on it...and save yourself some of the headaches I went thru......

vrooom......greg

· Registered
10,717 Posts
Frick and Frack....

My Nitrous Solenoid took a dump on me...

and it really had me stumped for a while...

after adjusting valves, and putting new front end plastic and what not on my bike...(after my daughter's mishap with the buggy)..... I decided to paint my N20 Bottle RED, and reinforce the mount...... so, after doing this and filling the bottle up.....I like to run a dry test just to make sure everything is working....

well.....I push of the throttle and no WHOOOOSH of nitrous.... I could hear the solenoids clicking...so I decided to check.....sure enough.... the bottle was full.....pressure in the line.... so I started back tracking everything... from the micro switch to the relay... .power all the way to the solenoid.... so I took the solenoid off...and tested it... it seemed to work fine.... so I put it back on.......opened up the bottle.....another test....and again... no WHOOOOOSH of Nitrous again..... so I took it off again and what I found out was this......so long as there was no PRESSURE on the solenoid...it work fine......you could blow into the inlet.....then when activated......it would work as normal....but when hooked up to the bottle....1000psi... it wouldnt work....and the solenoid started to get hot......so, I can only assume its time for a new one........its just by luck I even checked this thing....usually I just hear the 'clickity click' of the solenoids with the bottle and fuel pump off (so as not to waste Nitrous and flood my engine).....and figure everything is okie doke....... well.....good thing I tested it under high pressure......

hopefullly I can get a new one shipped overnight so I can be ready to head to Pismo by Fri.........

just thought I would toss this useless info in.....im sure this isnt a 'common' problem....but none the less.....any mods to your machine will encounter issues.....this is just another testament to that....

Greg

· Registered
10,717 Posts
let me see if I can find my old write up......

· Registered
2 Posts
I can hook you up with coldfusion. I have been a dealer for them for4 years and there product rocks and is priced reasonable. Pm me if your interested.. Wet kits all work on the same principle so the best price is what your after.
Boss nos good for small gains dunning etc but if your serious tou will want a wet kit. Later Brindley
AYE CAN YOU EITHER TEXT OR CALL ME THIS AFTERNOON ID LIKE TO GET ONE FOR MY BIKE.

ive been in the market for one but i just dont know the best setup for my 05 trx450r

· Registered
2006 Honda trx450er
238 Posts
AYE CAN YOU EITHER TEXT OR CALL ME THIS AFTERNOON ID LIKE TO GET ONE FOR MY BIKE.

ive been in the market for one but i just dont know the best setup for my 05 trx450r
This forum is 17 years old chances are you won’t get a response.

Reactions: Bullvine rider!!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts