Honda TRX 450R banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
im just running a lexx slip on .... id say i can do a cam install ... when i try if something goes wrong hopefully one of you guys will know how i can fix it lol

·
Registered
310 Posts
^^x2....I agree with everything Todd has mentioned....and will add one more thing you will need to learn before anything else.....

Before taking just anyone's advice....learn who the members are that you should listen to.
Without mentioning any names,there are a few on here that don't even know what they are doing to their own machines and will more than likely only give you bad/wrong info....and since that can end up costing you $$$....it is important that you choose wisely.

Good luck
Hope you aren't talking about me, lol. I may do some things weird but I can make myself look smart here and there.

·
450R XC Rider
2,793 Posts
im just running a lexx slip on .... id say i can do a cam install ... when i try if something goes wrong hopefully one of you guys will know how i can fix it lol
So are you goin with the HRC kit? That should work well with your slip-on Lexx.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
you can go lower on your gearing and it will pull like it has more power

·
450R XC Rider
2,793 Posts
you can go lower on your gearing and it will pull like it has more power
Good call on the HRC kit and I did drop the front on mine to a 12 tooth and it feels a lot more torquey=more fun!!! :):

·
Registered
93 Posts
you might be able to use the hrc header with the lexx slip on i was able to with my hmf slip on. but i ended up selling that combo and bought a full system and there was a noticeable diff. get a manual and you can do about anything you want to do to your bike except machine work. get a honda manual not a clymer

·
450R XC Rider
2,793 Posts
you might be able to use the hrc header with the lexx slip on i was able to with my hmf slip on. but i ended up selling that combo and bought a full system and there was a noticeable diff. get a manual and you can do about anything you want to do to your bike except machine work. get a honda manual not a clymer
^X2. Cant stress that enough. Get the HONDA SHOP MANUAL, not a Clymer or one of those. The Honda shop manuals are written by the people who actually make the machine. The Clymer manuals and other ones like those usually skip some steps and dont as in depth as the manufacturer manuals. If you want the link to buy the Honda shop manual, I will post it up (it can be difficult to find it and I bought mine online straight from who makes it shipped to my door 8 bucks cheaper then buying it through my local dealer). One of the members on here has one in his signature you can download but it is really helpful to have it on paper while you are working on your quad.

·
Registered
5 Posts
There is a green wire mod you can do, Cost nothing. Just the time to do it. Its not neccisarily a power increase, but it gives you 1000 more rpm.. If you want to read more about it. There is a thread under engine part of the forums. I believe it even gives you step by step pictures.
I just got a 05 trx450r not Exactly sure what all my buddy did to it I can ask him. Know it’s got a loud racing exhaust and a new top end. Any accessories or power upgrades or just anything anyone recommends?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts