Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've started looking around at exhaust kits and they all seem to give good HP increases so now my problem is which one to get :wacko: . Here's what i want,more lowend and midrange power,not to loud and spark arrestor. They all probably help in those area's but how did you guy's decide on one?

·
Registered
145 Posts
The HMF is awesome, they look just as good too. You can get poweder coated cans or carbon fiber, or what ever your taste. They are a little loud, but they have a quiet core that you can buy. In my opinion they are the bomb!

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
You have just described the Bill Ballance Pro Series from HMF........ My LRD had big top end but lacked a little off the bottom end and mid.... i put my BB HMF on and it took the top end away by just a little but gave me a kick in the pants in Mid and it will lerch around in the bottom end now as well..... and it has a spark arrestor in it and it is quieter than most pipes out there (IMO)..... I LUV IT

Give Schmitthead a PM and he can hook ya up with it......

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by KillerQuad@Jun 18 2004, 02:27 PM
You have just described the Bill Ballance Pro Series from HMF........  My LRD had big top end but lacked a little off the bottom end and mid.... i put my BB HMF on and it took the top end away by just a little but gave me a kick in the pants in Mid and it will lerch around in the bottom end now as well..... and it has a spark arrestor in it and it is quieter than most pipes out there (IMO)..... I LUV IT 

Give Schmitthead a PM and he can hook ya up with it......
I will check out that BB HMF pipe! I seen in your sig that you have a 13/39 sprocket combo,do you like it? I've got the 13t on front and was also thinking of going with the 39 on back. Thanks for the input guy's!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I've pretty much used almost every pipe on the market on diff quads. Sparks, FMF, WB, Duncan, Supertrapp, etc etc etc. I've never seen a pipe that fit up that good and ran that well. I holeshotted all other 450r's at a recent race (dead engine start) and compared to what the guy is looking for Killah is right, BB Pro is what he wants. I was referring to what the guy wanted, not neccessarily pipes in general. Yoshimura is also a good pipe for all around power.

·
Registered
263 Posts
hmf bb pro . you cant go wrong

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am with desert on this one...I do a lot of research, test, etc. I will vote for CHM pipe, I am very please with it 150%.

I am not saying others are low end or bad! It all comes down to personal preference, what you want to accomplish, your budget, what other part you have to match with and so on!

I my opinion, there are a number of great pipes out there. I went with CHM do to the gains along with matching to other engine mods I am doing.

CHM is IMO is a great buy to HP gains. Gains are all dirived from proper set up.

What ever pipe you get from those mentioned here you will not be dissappointed.

Regards,

Fly

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like I'm going to have to flip a coin to pick a pipe out :wacko: I'm leaning toward the HMF BB pipe though for the power gains in the bottom and midrange. You guy's with the CHM pipe what were you gains like in the bottom and midrange?

·
Registered
42 Posts
anyone have a pick of the CHM pipe on the 450R... just wanting to see what it looks like, i was thinking of LRD or Sparks... but id like to see the CHM and hear more about it... sounds like it adds monster power, which is what im looking for... is it low end or top end pipe?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Originally posted by Bmac+Jun 18 2004, 02:36 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-KillerQuad
@Jun 18 2004, 02:27 PM
My LRD had big top end but lacked a little off the bottom end and mid
[/b]
I would have to disagree. I just got the LRD Pro series and it rocks. I havevent rejetter yet (I have the HRC kit and jets). The thing rips even down low. It will be even faster when I get it dialed in. Is I can ask. What size main and clip on the needle were you running? The directions said a 190/195. I am just above sea level so I am guessing it will be one of those. I am glad you like the BB HMF but the LRD is also a really good pipe.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Originally posted by Bmac@Jun 20 2004, 05:30 PM
Looks like I'm going to have to flip a coin to pick a pipe out  :wacko: I'm leaning toward the HMF BB pipe though for the power gains in the bottom and midrange. You guy's with the CHM pipe what were you gains like in the bottom and midrange?
Because we can't post pics in here I will supply the number in the stock quad with the CHM pipe. it says 35.1 and the YFZ at 35.0 HP Max. Not sure what dyno manufacture they used ! I am reading directly from their litrature.

If you pm me I will send you the pic to see the curve. It is impressive seeing the stock to CHM comparison. There are good gains all the way through out the curve to full throttle. I checked the HMF site and they are only giving a 34.5 hp gain. So I would say CHM is worth looking at and the company will go oout of there way to help. I am located in Ontario, Canada which I called CHM and they were very willing to help oout and proveide all facts. I am a big akropovic fan myself and thought now it is time to try a new competitor to see what they offer, this is what trying things out and help out new and up comeing companies for competition. If we all bought the same we would have not to talk about and no competition.

Anyhow hope this helps..Let me kno if you like to see the pic. I say make your own choices.

Regards, Fly

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Here is a dyno from Wan2Fly....

The black is stock and the red is the full CHM with the HRC Cam (he offered a sharper image, but I am only posting so all can see the difference between stock, not actual #'s):

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Originally posted by desert_450r@Jun 23 2004, 10:27 PM
Actually kid, that picture is on a stock bike with no HRC kit (and might be with stock jetting with lid on) ... The CHM exhaust kit, plus HRC kit with good gas and jetting hits right about 40 RWHP with the stock tires at 10 psi ... B) ... Way over what that chart shows ...
Your right Dez!! I misunderstood a part of another attached image, that dyno is only with the CHM Exhaust, no HRC, but it does not specify air box lid or jetting, so there is a good chance it was all stock except the pipe
Great gains!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I can send the actual scanned pamphlet if you like...Yes it is completely stock nothing added except for the CHM pipe.

Let me know,

Fly

·
Registered
50 Posts
Originally posted by desert_450r+Jun 25 2004, 12:40 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Wan2Fly
@Jun 24 2004, 07:39 PM
I can send the actual scanned pamphlet if you like...Yes it is completely stock nothing added except for the CHM pipe.

Let me know,

Fly
You mean the dyno sheet kid posted or your bike ? [/b]
lol..lol...

I mean the pamphlets CHM sent me with all their info...Did not Dyno yet...I will hopefully when all the work is done.

Fly

1 - 16 of 16 Posts