Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, newbie here trying to help my computer illiterate buddy get some top end. He has an 06' er with a 13:1 Wiseco piston, +3 Hotrods crank, Jansen racing mx ported head, stock valves, Dasa 98 db exhaust, and a Hotcams stage 2 cam. He loves the way it pulls on the bottom and mid but wants more topend power. Gearing is 13/37 and the head has stock valve springs, but the machine work has been done on it for a bigger cam and springs. Is a stage3 Hotcam enough to help him out or should he go with something else? He probably weighs in at around 220 also. What about adjustable cam gears? What would be a good setting if this is the way to go? Thanks in advance for the help guys.

I forgot to add we ride from 5000-8500 feet elevation, lots of sand duning, circle track racing, and dirt track riding. Looking for as much top end as possible without losing too much low to mid.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was telling him, I just switched from a stage2 to a stage3, but for these things it seems like your choices are endless. What is the biggest cam you can do on stock springs?

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
you can use the stage 3 with stock springs , I did for a little while, some people seen issues with them valve float,other people have ran them for hors and no issues, I just would recommend them specially if he's gunna run at high rpms a lot, or ur stock springs are real old

·
Registered
566 Posts
i really like running stock gearing (14/38) on my bike. It pulls hard on the bottom and still has a lot of top end and with the stage three the mid range is golden.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts