Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Houser

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help deciding which +2 a-arms to buy?

Pro comp are $450
Burgard are $450
Laeger are N/A
Houser are $590

These are standard travel arm prices only (NOT LONGTRAVEL)

Best Bang for the buck

"Not any serious MX racing just local circuits"

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Originally posted by Power Stroker@Sep 21 2004, 05:35 PM
Best Bang for the buck

There you go right there! I don't think any of them are a bad choice, so go with the cheapest ... my vote goes to Burgard B)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks trx450rkid, the only thing I don't like about burgards are you have to ream out the spindles for the ball joints.

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Originally posted by Power Stroker@Sep 21 2004, 06:13 PM
Thanks trx450rkid, the only thing I don't like about burgards are you have to ream out the spindles for the ball joints.
Wow, you learn something new every day. I also didn't realize that the Pro comp are the same price, even though they aren't as big a name as Burgard, I would go with them if you don't have to ream out the spindles for the ball joints on those too B)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by TrX450rKiD@Sep 21 2004, 05:17 PM
I also didn't realize that the Pro comp are the same price, even though they aren't as big a name as Burgard
Actually I think Pro Comp's are just a set of Laeger's with a different sticker.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Uvoted Houser because Schmitty can probablu get you a better price than that!

·
Registered
612 Posts
i have the jb racing a arms on this bike and to me they are one of the best i've seen... they are the 1 3/8 ones that have tt sway bar mounts on them. they are for the standard travel shocks... with it jacked up for right now till it get gt thunder to do the shocks... they are 48 inches wide with factory wheels on it.... the ball joints are bigger than the other a arms we have one our other bikes. if anyone is interested in these i will take a pic and post it

·
Registered
612 Posts
and also you don't have to buy brake lines for these a arms... the factory lines fit right on the upper a arms, and to me that is worth 100 bucks.. since the r already has great brakes

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey dart450R. yeah i would like to see some pics of your jd a-arms. and also what kinda price are they for some +2 standard travel a-arms? thanks, chris

·
Registered
612 Posts
they are jb a arms...not jd..... i'll try to get some on here and on my pics of my bike this week or first of next week... i think they run 750.00 buy you don't have to buy brake lines for these arms

·
Registered
824 Posts
i live in nj near atco and not to far from englishtown motocross tracks and i see alot of ppl running JRD arms. they say there pretty good but on the pricey side. 800 for the mx ones and 600 for the tt ones. check out there website. but you cant beat the price of laegers either.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Originally posted by Power Stroker@Sep 21 2004, 04:35 PM
I need help deciding which +2 a-arms to buy?

Pro comp are $450
Burgard are $450
Laeger are N/A
Houser are $590

Best Bang for the buck

The questions on these a-arms is.......Are they long travel for this price or standard!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
standard travel

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Originally posted by Power Stroker@Sep 26 2004, 10:24 PM
standard travel
I thought they were for standard!! You should have both prices so noone will get confused or just say that price is for standard..because the long travel are about $100 to $200 more than that!!!! Just my 2 cents!! :D

·
Registered
328 Posts
If you buy your standard travel A-arms, just do yourself a couple favors. 1. dont try to get faster, because as soon as you do you will find the limits of your std setup quickly. 2. never ride a long travel quad, because you will want to catch yours on fire, collect the insurance and start over
If you are going to spend that much money for a std travel, you might as well spend the extra couple hundred and up grade your Frame, and body, and race results will thank you!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts