Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cousin crashed my 450 this weekend and bent the subframe and rear grab bar (I hope this is all). I think I will put a PRM baja grab bar back on. Do I have any options for the subframe or should I just put a new stock one on? I think I can get a new subframe for about $270 at my local dealer.

Edit: Did not mean to put this in the "Engine" section.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I just checked service honda Subframe part # 50200-HP1-000 is $236.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Originally posted by WhiteZee@Sep 8 2004, 04:14 PM
if your cousin wrecked it, i dont see any reason why you wouldnt get a new subframe and grab bar and make him pay for it.......
dido!! <_<

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Well, how bad is it bent? I mean if it is barely noticable and you are willing to live with it, then why even replace it? For all I know it could resemble a pretzel, but if it's still safe to ride, I don't see a need to replace it...

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Originally posted by TrX450rKiD@Sep 8 2004, 05:00 PM
Well, how bad is it bent?  I mean if it is barely noticable and you are willing to live with it, then why even replace it?  For all I know it could resemble a pretzel, but if it's still safe to ride, I don't see a need to replace it...
Personally, I wouldn't want anything bent on my bike. This is the main reason I don't let anyone ride my bike. I've had others wreck my bike before (400ex) and then they had every reason why they didn't have the money. So now, anyone ask to ride my bike. I tell them to save there money like I did and go buy there own. <_<

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's bent bad enough to be noticable when you ride. No problems with my cousin paying for it...he said he would before I had to ask. I just wondered if there were any aftermarket subframes.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Originally posted by Hbobb@Sep 8 2004, 10:10 PM
It's bent bad enough to be noticable when you ride.  No problems with my cousin paying for it...he said he would before I had to ask.  I just wondered if there were any aftermarket subframes.
Look on ebay! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts