Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was anyone at the Belleville track this weekend?

We were planning on heading to Versailles, MO & racing but decided to trek a little further and go to Brownstown instead. Upon arriving the rest of our crew was just inside the gate having a discussion -- we stopped and found out that the track was flooded & everyone was trying to decide if it was worth staying to see if they could dry it in a reasonable amount of time.

By the time 9:00am rolled around we got ahold of Belleview Honda and they said racing was on at BET - so we decided to bail on Brownstown & head to Belleville.

This was our crew's first trip to the Belleview track - we had a pretty good time. The turnout was really good & there was some great racing with tons of high level competition.

Glad they were racing there. We got word later in the day that Brownstown got canceled entirely, would have been a long & expensive trip for nothing otherwise.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Any idea who won the pro classes? I know a few guys from around here were planning on hitting brownstown in the morning and then heading to bellville that night. Dang I wish my motor was together. I want to race. haha

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fristoe was running well all night. He made a pass on McGraw on the last lap or so in the Open A class to take the win with Danny close behind.

There was something like 22 entries in the Open A class - only 12 or so transferred and there were many riders in attendance who are at the top of their game. It was a difficult night even for some of the really fast guys to transfer to the main.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any idea who won the pro classes? I know a few guys from around here were planning on hitting brownstown in the morning and then heading to bellville that night. Dang I wish my motor was together. I want to race. haha[/b]
Results are up - the Open A class was the largest "pro" class with 24 entries and only 14 transferring to the main. 255 entries total between ATVs and Bikes

1st Chris Fristoe
2nd Danny McGraw
3rd Gabe Ellett
4th Trent Powell
5th Brandon Sullenger
6th Luke Kates
7th Danny Seitz
8th Chris Mezo
9th Nate Knigge
10th Nathan Wolff
11th Kendall Webb
12th Bailey Williams
13th Damon Brown
14th John Carlton

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! That track is deceivingly fast & there was a lot of competition.

I felt pretty good & with some practice on that track I think I could pick up some more speed. I was a little tentative in my heat & had Damon on my tail, but let it hang out a little more on the main.

I'm still getting used to my new setup & still need to shorten the swinger (I'm running stock right now). I think I've finally got my front end problem from the last couple seasons located and resolved. No more 5psi to get the thing to hook up.

Unless something comes up, I'm planning on being at the Brownstown national with the OMAR crew. I'll probably be running in the Vet 30 again, but may try my luck in the Pro-Am Unlimited as well. Haven't decided yet. I had to miss Twin Creeks - went to Vegas to watch SX & had that planned & paid for before the EDT schedule was released.

BET might want to reconsider running during the national - their turnout will be disappointing, probably be nothing but bikes.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Some real heavy hitters in that lineup. Kendall Webb just won the pro lites race and was 11th on that list.

That pic looks like the day after the national last year. Do you think they are going to change it up this year? Dont think they were all too happy with the start last year.

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
BET might want to reconsider running during the national - their turnout will be disappointing, probably be nothing but bikes.[/b]
Oh nellie! thats just what a hack like me will be looking for lolllololollollollool might get some checkers for a change of pace lol in the C class... lol

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kendall got a bad holeshot in his heat & was on one of the back rows for the main. He has trouble sometimes working through traffic because he's never spent much time there --- seriously.. I raced Kendall a couple times locally late last season on my old setup and on a friend's bike, beat him once but it was a battle to the end with several lead changes.

Twin Creeks is one of his home tracks, but that doesn't take away from the fact he was able to edge out Goodman this past weekend - he's turning out to be a very good rider. I'll be very interested to see how he does once he gets away from the tracks he gets to spend a lot of time on - hope he does well, always good to see one of your home riders doing well at the national level.

That pic of Brownstown appears to be during or after the national. I haven't heard if they're going to change it up - the start wasn't bad after they killed a few people during practice and were forced to fix it. Actually, other than being slick it was one of my more favorite tracks on the circuit (right behind Ava and TCR).

That said, the Ava track is completely different this year - and a lot better, I think. We're racing this weekend - last chance to check it out before the National.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts