Honda TRX 450R banner

Before and after PORT WORK

2086 Views 18 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  r450er
I posted this head up awhile ago to see what ya'll thought. It was ported by buck. Gotta alot of comments but just got it back and wanted to ask what ya'll thought now. The exhaust is smooth and almost mirror an the intake side seems very semetrical (sp?) Anyways i think it looks 1000x better. I dont have a dyno close but will be running it on a 480 14.25 on a just finished stock crank total rebuild.

Attachments

See less See more
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
looks alot better than it did before, did buck do it the 2nd time around?
yup

first time wasent like right after he did it. It had about 40-50 hours on it. Think i had a leaky exhaust valve hence the black in the intake
Before it looked like a horror show...

second time the intake looks nice but even though he polished the exhaust port it still looks choppy to me.

correct me if Im wrong but didnt Buck himself constantly put down John for lopping off the guides and he did it right there? What gives on that.....

I dont know, I would'nt let him touch my cylinder head myself, nor my cams, or even my exhaust pipes....lol

I picture him like a neaderthal over there working out of a shed......lol

None the less, thank you for sharing. My comments are not to make you feel bad, Im just stating what I see and how I feel.
I dont know anything about what ever went down between buck and john. All i know is i think a guy that has done all his own research, i.e. dyno test after dyno test after dyno test, and completely shares all his information shouldnt get treated like a ass like alot of people do on here. I myself would have liked to have the guides stay a little more but I have never ported a head and have never even dynoed a bike. I guess everyone in todays world likes a well spoken college educated type of person, but give me the "40 hour week for a livin guy" any day. Like i said i dont know anything that happened between them as that was before my time on here, i just call it like i see it.

Thanks for looking and i hope not to offend anyone one as well.

Braxton
hey smokin, what would someone pay for that? Is he still charging a $50 special?

you get what you pay for. Good luck with that!
Man some of you guys are really friggin rude. Smokin, the port looks good I think. Hopefully it shows when you get it all bolted up. Thanks for sharing man, ignore the negative comments.
smokin 6.0
first the intake is the smoothest "looking" work i have ever seen from buck, i agree with king on the exhaust. like you i dont like the extra short guides.

as for posting tests, yes buck did alot of it, but no one has done more testing and sharing of results then mixxer.

like you said you didnt see what happened with buck and mixxer, or rage, dasa, drg, or anyone else who knows anything about engines. there are many reasons he has been banned from this site twice, and suspended and banned form atv tech and im sure others.

people out there on the net are just way to sick of the b.s. he argued and claimed all the time,( like hacksawing off the turndown tip on his rossier exhaust and claiming a 5hp gain) so dont feel bad when the people who cant stand the guy dont praise his work.
his early work used to look like a blind man with parkinsons did the porting, so i will say yours looks a 1000x better then most of what he has posted. (but looks good doesnt mean runs good)
I know you said you don't have a dyno close........................
but it would sure be a hoot if that thing put down some big numbers.
Especially after the beating that Buck took.
I know I threw a comment or two his way myself.
But it would give him the last laugh to see it light up a dyno with some strong pulls.
looks clean on the intake smooth who cares i look for the what the air is turned.. the exhaust will have hot spots in the razor edges on the ground down guides.. looks super close to the water jackets to .. just my 2,3 cents ... any dyno numbers befores or afters
for your sake i hope it prooves to be a good running bike...personally i see many inconsistencies in his port work whether from bad tools or shaky hands or maybe drinking on the job...no sure...but i know one of his builds made respectable power so hopefully you get lucky yourself!

i do admire bucks perseverence for trying....but ive always disliked his childish reasoning and apparent sub 100 IQ...its like trying to reason with the unreasonable...

best of luck!
well finally got my build done and shes a runner!!! Man i wish there was a dyno close. All we got is the seat of the pants dyno. My buddy has a stockbore 06 with a venom piston stage 2 and he dont want any. Same guy has had a cannondale, big banshee, rocky ridge 250r anyways lots of nice stuff and his words are this thing makes the best and most useable power of anything he ever road.

Anyways sorry if i sound a little excited but hey its like a new toy again.

Ohh didnt start when they droped the flag but second kick and still got 7th out 0f 14 in the holeshot
well finally got my build done and shes a runner!!! Man i wish there was a dyno close. All we got is the seat of the pants dyno. My buddy has a stockbore 06 with a venom piston stage 2 and he dont want any. Same guy has had a cannondale, big banshee, rocky ridge 250r anyways lots of nice stuff and his words are this thing makes the best and most useable power of anything he ever road.

Anyways sorry if i sound a little excited but hey its like a new toy again.

Ohh didnt start when they droped the flag but second kick and still got 7th out 0f 14 in the holeshot[/b]
Grats, must feel great. Sounds like he did a pretty good job, cuz not everyone thinks someone should have more than 1 chance.
Very cool! Definetelt something to be said for all your hard work. When you fire it up for that first time and ride it its like your a little kid all giddy and laughing to yourself. Hope it runs well for you!
Very cool! Definetelt something to be said for all your hard work. When you fire it up for that first time and ride it its like your a little kid all giddy and laughing to yourself. Hope it runs well for you![/b]

Glad you enjoy your ride buck is a cool guy he has done some work for me also. I know he isnt liked on alot of sites but he has done some good work for me and others. If he can get close to what other big companies are putting out at a fraction of the cost, I say its a win win deal.
Very cool! Definetelt something to be said for all your hard work. When you fire it up for that first time and ride it its like your a little kid all giddy and laughing to yourself. Hope it runs well for you![/b]

Glad you enjoy your ride buck is a cool guy he has done some work for me also. I know he isnt liked on alot of sites but he has done some good work for me and others. If he can get close to what other big companies are putting out at a fraction of the cost, I say its a win win deal.
[/b]
I agree totally with that. Buck definitely has had the practice.

[/b]
[/b]
How much is a "buck" port job.
QUOTE(556KingR @ Oct 25 2008, 06:38 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=577730
<div class='quotemain'>Very cool! Definetelt something to be said for all your hard work. When you fire it up for that first time and ride it its like your a little kid all giddy and laughing to yourself. Hope it runs well for you![/b]

[/b]
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Last I heard it was $50...
QUOTE(dhamr @ Oct 25 2008, 01:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=577845
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

Last I heard it was $50...
[/b][/quote]

Lol..wow..
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.