Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once a month we have mud drags here and they usually let quads run it first before the big trucks. The pit is dug with holes in it and it's really rough. It usually runs about 50 yards long and from 2/5 ft deep at random places. I tried running it two weeks ago and made it just over a third of the way and actually beat most of the trucks!! as I had the speed to stay on top but not the tires to keep it up. (need paddles) BUT there was a brand new Can-Am Renegade there bone stock who flew through the hole like it was running on dirt. All the other bikes got stuck minus one and had to be pulled out there were about 20 4x4 bikes and some were really really nice but this bike flat out spanked them. He let me ride it and it runs like a Cadillac with a very powerful engine and pulls like a trx450r with hrc kit! Hate to be a trader to my red blood but were I to buy a 4x4 this would be it hands down!

Just FYI....

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Yup :yes ...i've seen them in the mud and at the Drags (1/8th mile ashphalt)....and they are no slouches...by far the quickest,baddest 4x4s i've ever seen :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
i just come in contact with one the other day. one bad SOB. your right. that may be my next quad. 62hp stock. with just bolt ons, they can get in the 70's. he had an hmf pipe on it. it sounded awesome. you could'nt keep from running it wide open when it sounds that good.

rumor is can am is gonna make a side by side. with this motor. maybe a larger one.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
i just come in contact with one the other day. one bad SOB. your right. that may be my next quad. 62hp stock. with just bolt ons, they can get in the 70's. he had an hmf pipe on it. it sounded awesome. you could'nt keep from running it wide open when it sounds that good.

rumor is can am is gonna make a side by side. with this motor. maybe a larger one.[/b]
62 hp stock are you serious or is this just a rumor..because diff dynos run diff numbers..I think honda itself even released a hp number for the 450rs a while back that was way too high than it came out to be on dyno

·
Registered
566 Posts
theres a couple guys here in missouri that have drag outlander 800's ....freaking fast! Paddles, nitrous, drag pipes, everything and really put a whippin on the sport bikes

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
62 is what the dude told me. he had no reason to fib. he knew his ?hit on it to. he said he could punch it and stand it up and ride a wheelie. that's pretty good for a 600 pounder.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
62 is what the dude told me. he had no reason to fib. he knew his ?hit on it to. he said he could punch it and stand it up and ride a wheelie. that's pretty good for a 600 pounder.[/b]
Are the renegades clutch or automatic?

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
auto

·
Registered
391 Posts
Rotax v-twin 62hp at the crank i believe and its a cvt auto tranny... That engine is a powerhouse and very solid...Ron Woods makes a great sounding exhaust for them and lots of other serious hop-up parts

·
Registered
34 Posts
just put down payment on 2009 renegade 800x, which has even more power than the 08.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yup :yes ...i've seen them in the mud and at the Drags (1/8th mile ashphalt)....and they are no slouches...by far the quickest,baddest 4x4s i've ever seen :thumbup:[/b]
I agree I have seen them go, very quick 4x4

·
Registered
712 Posts
Looney Toons Exaugst has a duel pipe kit for them things, makes em sound like a old Chevy Truck. haha some 87 year old man had one with those pipes on it out at dumont, it was yellow. some of you have probably seen him. hes always out there.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Looney Toons Exaugst has a duel pipe kit for them things, makes em sound like a old Chevy Truck. haha some 87 year old man had one with those pipes on it out at dumont, it was yellow. some of you have probably seen him. hes always out there.[/b]
Speaking of quads sounding like trucks..I always see jacked up mud utility quads at my local riding spot and they always sound like trucks..LIKE TRUCKS..What kind of exhaust do these people run? There putting my truck to shame

·
Registered
476 Posts
Arctic Car has a 1000cc thundercat, I saw one at a dealer a few weeks back, the thing is F-ing massive. It's crazy how big and powerful ult quads are theses days. I remember when the grizzily 600 came out and it seem to be like a tank on 4 wheels.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts