Honda TRX 450R banner

Bad crash

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  jay3216 
#1 · (Edited)
My buddy was too focused on getting in the footage, aka ROOST CAM, grab bar mounted camera, he failed to see the 20-25 foot drop off to flat. One tough S.O.B. man, 50 years old. And I captured it all on my two cameras. https://youtu.be/oJet278KBno

#2 ·
That is 100% exactly how I broke both my wrist. On a drop off just about the same height and everything.
I just hit it way faster and didn't even notice.
Glad he's okay and able to walk away and keep riding. Us ****ing banshee riders I guess

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

#3 ·
He went to the local hospital, xrays show nothing, came home, more xrays...nothing. 4 months later they find a BROKEN FEMUR. He's a tough s.o.b., he's back on the horse, rode last week.

#4 ·
ouch!

This is why Im super careful in the sand, the sun can play with the shadows and you never know where there might be a drop or dip. Ive taken some knarly spills like that in the past, maybe not that bad and I lived-came dang close to getting hurt tho.

#6 ·
I ride hard man, but as I reach that point of "throwing caution to the wind" the thought of seeing myself walking into work the following monday vs limping into work makes riding smart and cautious that much easier of a decision. Had a 1st time duner do the same type of crash 20 minutes into his 1st ride last fall. Told him my #1 rule-ALWAYS come to a stop if you can't see the other side of that dune face. What's his best friend say to that? "Well, you don't have to stop but..."one and done, hobbled around with a broken foot rest of the weekend.

That's rough! I can't believe it took 4 months to find a broken femur!?!?!
I don't know all the details surrounding that, whether it was just a fracture or what. He's back on the horse though, Another dune trip planned late april. Really hope I don't capture such a crash again, but if I do of course it's going on youtube lol.

#8 ·
Amen to that. Live to ride another day and stop tearing **** up lol.

Reactions: CJM
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.