Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
:ph34r: I figure RPM.

I heard they're pretty awesome and real strong.

·
Registered
25 Posts
RPM all the way. I have the axle and anti-fade lock nut / brake hub on my 250R and it is rock solid. That is what I will put on my 450R when the money tree out back blooms!!! LOL!!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
im not sure but i think you pay mostly for the name on a lonestar...

i would have to say RPM

·
Registered
133 Posts
Ya i put a durablue on th 426ex and bent it during practice at muddycreek last year, RPM is the way to go, LSR makes nice axles as well though

·
Registered
263 Posts
i had a lsr bearing carrier on my 400ex and it worked real well,so i dont know what to do its between lsr and prm.

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Yea im looking at the LSR axle as well.....

·
Registered
157 Posts
What's the adjustablility on the LSR for the 450R? My buddies LSR Raptor axle is +1.5 to +3.

I like the adjustable feature so I can bring it in a bit if we go on tight trails, then max it out for the track!

-RR

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yah RPM or Lonestar...I put a LSR axle on my warrior (91), I also had a-arms and works shocks on it too. It was still slow...just a money pit.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
I've got an LSR in my 450R and an RPM in my 400EX. Both are doing well.

My Lonestar was much less expensive than the RPM. Both seem to be quality axles.

Stay away from Durablue - had them in the past - seen far too many broken ones that should not have broken.

Their "Lifetime" warranty is good for your first broken one - after that, you're on your own. One guy I knew got one day's ride on his original, and one day's ride on his replacement.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Lone star and RPM are great products, but both only make a 3+ axle! I've been on the phone with both company's today (5/28/04) and they informed me that neither one makes a 4+ axle. RPM is in the making of it and will have there 4+ axle done sometime around the end of June.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
The reason they don't make +4 axles is because with the typical set of tires/wheels, you would be over the 50" wide limit.

With my Lonestar & a set of 8x8 wheels with turf tamers, my rear is already over 49" wide.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Yes I realized that, so I'm going to get the 3+ axle after all. If I wanted to make sure I'm at 50 inches I would just offset my rims! :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts