Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im changing my carrier in my 07 450r, and i cant bust the axle nut loose...do you guys have any helpful hints i could use to get this done ??

thanks

·
Registered
653 Posts
I went up to harbor freight and bought two of the biggest cresent wrenches i could find. Like 30 inches...... I had no problem after that.

·
Registered
559 Posts
THREADS ARE REVERSED AS WELL....

·
Jim
2,823 Posts
Have someone stand on the break pedal to help hold the axle in place. Make sure they stand on it and not just push it down with their toes.

Good luck!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have someone stand on the break pedal to help hold the axle in place. Make sure they stand on it and not just push it down with their toes.

Good luck![/b]

ok kewl, now how do i get the sprocket mounts on the axle of of the little splines ???

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
why are you taking it off? you dont have to take it off to get the axle out, it will slide out to the left.

PB plaster is also good stuff to loosen stuff like that.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
why are you taking it off? you dont have to take it off to get the axle out, it will slide out to the left.

PB plaster is also good stuff to loosen stuff like that.[/b]

hey everyone i got everything apart n have my new LONESTAR carrier in...it works awesome !! thanks for all the advice n hints...n the PBblaster worked great ! along with some DEEP CREEP lol..

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that stock locknut can be suchabitch to get off. glad it worked out.[/b]

yea it was a pain to break loose, n i stabbed the thumb w a scrw driver gettin the clip ring outta the axle lol.... THANKS GUYS !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts