Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i need a new carrier and i have a stock swingarm. what carriers will work with stock axle and swing arm. i was looking at the lonestar carrier but it has a greese zerk so i donno if it will work hope u guys can help me out please....

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
The should all work do long as its for the TRX. Check with Woodward Specialties, they have a nice carrier and a great price.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I run a Rad Mfg. dual row carrier. Has the grease zerk on the side so you dont have to take your carrier out to grease it. I usually run mine a year before I put a new one it. Keep it greased and you should have no problem.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
i also have a rad, like it alot

woodward specialties sells one at a really good price, also check out quadforce.com

if that LSR has grease zerk and it interfears with the stock swingarm its because it was made to work with the LSR swingarm. you can always remove the zerk and put a plug in it, you can get threaded plugs for less than a buck at any hardware store.

·
450R Rider
1,148 Posts
I got a crazy question for you guys with aftermarket carriers. I got one I think its a RAD carrier.

Can you grease yours with the axle still in? How do you get the brake rotor side bearing greased without using a tube of grease?
I tried plugging the sprocket side with a rag, I tried leaving the axle in (but cant get to the zerk) it squirts out the sprocket side before clean grease comes out the rotor side..

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
I got a crazy question for you guys with aftermarket carriers. I got one I think its a RAD carrier.

Can you grease yours with the axle still in? How do you get the brake rotor side bearing greased without using a tube of grease?
I tried plugging the sprocket side with a rag, I tried leaving the axle in (but cant get to the zerk) it squirts out the sprocket side before clean grease comes out the rotor side..[/b]

the rad also has a zerk in the middle. i have an open end swingarm so im able to grease up the middle. i dont know if the sprocket side zerk provides the whole carrier with grease.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I believe the rad carrier greases both sides. If it didnt, people would probably be replacing brake side bearings all the time. I can grease mine with the axle in. You may need to take your sprocket off to access, but this is not as painless as taking the whole axle out to get to it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts