Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright.. well im upgrading from my Houser st +2s on GTT rebuilds, to a top of the line LT setup. The GTT just can't handle it anymore! :crybaby:

Been trying to decide what setup to run for the whole day now. My brain hurts :blink:

Here are some options running in my head..

Fox Float Evols with.....
Houser +1
Leagers +.5

Custom Axis Triple Rates with.....
Ars-Fx XC
Leagers +.5

Any thoughts? I almost wanna run a +2 setup again too... i like being wide. but barely missing trees all day in the woods isnt fun :banghead:

Any input and experience with these setups would be greatly appreciated!

G

·
I have rode both shocks and they both ride very nice but i bought the Fox for the adjustability for different tracks and terrain and haven't looked back since they are great shocks.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Alright.. well im upgrading from my Houser st +2s on GTT rebuilds, to a top of the line LT setup. The GTT just can't handle it anymore! :crybaby:

Been trying to decide what setup to run for the whole day now. My brain hurts :blink:

Houser +1
Leagers +.5

Ars-Fx XC
Leagers +.5

Any thoughts? I almost wanna run a +2 setup again too... i like being wide. but barely missing trees all day in the woods isnt fun :banghead:

Any input and experience with these setups would be greatly appreciated![/b]
JD +1 mgc and motowoz, $1,875 for the package. You will get a higher quality part, better cust service, and the JD caster ajustment system is easier then both of the other two. If you want to pay more for the names, thats cool, but remember that Dave @ JD was Laegers chassis builder for more than 10 yrs.

·
Registered
204 Posts
How can you consider any spring shock the quality of a Fox?

If ridden hard and frequent ( 2-3 times a week ) you should properly service your spring setup 3-4 times a year. With a fox its maybe one a year..

·
Desert Racer
2,276 Posts
If ridden hard and frequent ( 2-3 times a week ) you should properly service your spring setup 3-4 times a year. With a fox its maybe one a year..[/b]
Why do you say that? Both a air shock and a coil shock have the same type of damping, nitrogen charged oil and piston. The only difference is one uses air for a spring, the other uses coils. I would say the servcie interval would be about the same, maybe even a little more often on the air shock due to it having more seals.

I would say you can not go wrong with either, both are a quality shock. I have a set of revalved/resprung Elkas on one 450R and a set Evols on the other, I actually prefer the feel of the coils and think the Elkas work just slightly better, but they have been set up for me, while the Evols were taken out of the box and bolted on. I would say get whatever shock you can get a better deal on go for it.

Doug

·
Registered
166 Posts
JD +1 mgc and motowoz, $1,875 for the package. You will get a higher quality part, better cust service, and the JD caster ajustment system is easier then both of the other two. If you want to pay more for the names, thats cool, but remember that Dave @ JD was Laegers chassis builder for more than 10 yrs.[/b]

You got any pics of the +1 MGC arms?

·
Registered
11,022 Posts
every single person i have asked as to which shock i should get and they ALL say motowoz over ANY
thats ppl that have actually ridden/owned both i talked to a guy that un custom axis titanium shocks and switched to evols DSC triple adjust and then switched to motowoz and said there is no way he is going to be running any other shock anymore than motowoz

but 1 thing is FOR SURE, there will never be any a-arm on my quad except JD PERFORMANCE

remember, those who know ride JD

EDIT: BTW i love my +2 setup with 4+1 offset front wheels so i have AWESOME handling and its like a +1 arms

and yes the 4+1 front wheels are the shiit

·
Registered
11,022 Posts
JD +1 mgc and motowoz, $1,875 for the package. You will get a higher quality part, better cust service, and the JD caster ajustment system is easier then both of the other two. If you want to pay more for the names, thats cool, but remember that Dave @ JD was Laegers chassis builder for more than 10 yrs.[/b]
MGC arms? really? lets see em!!

·
Registered
3 Posts

Houser +1
Leagers +.5

Ars-Fx XC
Leagers +.5

Any input and experience with these setups would be greatly appreciated![/b]
Don't forget about us at Zbroz Racing we have dedicated XC setups priced very competitively. Also if you will consider AXIS then look into our EXIT shock its designed by Michael Hallock the original founder of Axis and he knows his stuff for XC. And Of course ARS FX a arm are the original most copied a arm design out there so look into what we have to offer. One thing we do is guarantee our ride quality so if you want to make a change all you have to do is make a call with in the first 30 days and we will do it all for no charge.
Happy suspension hunting

Attachments

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
MGC arms? really? lets see em!!
[/b]
I dont have any pics right now, cause the ones I made went out the door too fast for me remember to take pics. I can build them in +1 +2 or +3 sizes. I will take some pics of the next set I build, but it wont be untill I have an order for them. [need to know size and color ya know]. Remember, JD Performance Custom hand builds all of our stuff mostly to order, so we can give the customer exactly what suits them best. We dont do the mass production thing , because the quality gets lost in the mix that way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts