Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOL. Once again I could use a little support over at youtube. This guy insists there is nothing wrong with drinking and riding. I happen to disagree and feel that people like that are ruining this sport for me and everyone else. Now he suggests I take up Golf. LOL.
I really don't think these guys are giving ATVs a bad name so what their drinking thats why rhinos are so much fun you got seat belts a roll cage and allot of space for your beer and they have beer holders. It sounds like you should take up golf.[/b]
http://www.youtube.com/comment_servlet?all...p;v=wTdbCON16tk Scroll down. His name is jjejeep. Post your comments. Try and keep it clean though please. Thanks. "And they have Beer holders" LOL. Yeah, Im sure Yamaha said "Hey, we need to put Beer holders on these things" :_specialED: What an idiot.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
i made a comment. what a moron...this just goes to show how uneducated some ATV users are.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have never been drunk while riding but I will crack A beer when we stop at the end of the trail. Relax for a bit drink a beer then head back.

·
Registered
207 Posts
this is a good topic, I personally enjoy drinking and trail riding at night or sitting on the side of a mud hole drinking while watching everyone then getting on my bike and splashing around. I know it is not safe but since I quit doing everything else dangerous like bar hopping on my Harley, sprint car racing and having one night stands :) I am allowed one deadly activity. BUT I do not go out jumping and doing tricks or racing I just cruise and I know my limit. I do not get tanked just a light buzz, but I think if you have the potential to be an a$$ or there are children around its a no-no! Then again I am just a good ol country boy what do I know...

·
Premium Member
5,741 Posts
I have a few beers when we go riding in the sand, But I dont get drunk then ride. If you ride hard drinking too many beers wears you out way to fast when you are tossing that quad around at the bottom of a tree shot.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
ah, the good ol youtube flaming. remember that time we went at it bad with the dude that claimed u didnt know how to ride, or someone else, and that his ride would beat all our asses? and it ended up having like a slip on and thats it?

:rofl:

·
Premium Member
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ah, the good ol youtube flaming. remember that time we went at it bad with the dude that claimed u didnt know how to ride, or someone else, and that his ride would beat all our asses? and it ended up having like a slip on and thats it?

:rofl:[/b]
LOL. Yeah, he ended up disabling comments and deleted everything. :no_bashing:

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I was expecting to get reemed by everyone for that comment.[/b]
I don't see anything wrong with havin one beer and casually riding around with a buzz but some people get carried away, get drunk, ride, and end up killing themselves and/or someone else.

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
i don't think there is anything wrong with drink when riding, but i would get stupid drunk or even drunk enough to mess up my riding abilities. i know a few on bikes who get stupid drunk and they crash all the time. I just have too much to lose. tweaking my frame once it 1 time too many for me!

·
Registered
362 Posts
LOL. Once again I could use a little support over at youtube. This guy insists there is nothing wrong with drinking and riding. I happen to disagree and feel that people like that are ruining this sport for me and everyone else. Now he suggests I take up Golf. LOL. QUOTE
I really don't think these guys are giving ATVs a bad name so what their drinking thats why rhinos are so much fun you got seat belts a roll cage and allot of space for your beer and they have beer holders. It sounds like you should take up golf.[/b]
http://www.youtube.com/comment_servlet?all...p;v=wTdbCON16tk Scroll down. His name is jjejeep. Post your comments. Try and keep it clean though please. Thanks. "And they have Beer holders" LOL. Yeah, Im sure Yamaha said "Hey, we need to put Beer holders on these things" :_specialED: What an idiot.
[/b][/quote]

i wish my 450 had a "beer holder" (nah just kidding)

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
I've had a beer or two before when trail riding at night on my R but a few beers hardly gives me buzz anyway and I think I would just get hurt if I did ride it drunk.

However I do have a few more when we go snowmobiling on the weekends :sweatingbullets:

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
usually when i ride, 8 out of 10 are on utility's. they drink some beer. nobody gettin trashed though. i may have one, if offered one. i never take any with me. i like to climb stuff. so i dont need any liquid courage convincing me to climb something i know better than to climb.

i've seen several guys go from mediocre trail riders to pro hill climbers in 6 swigs. and they wished they had'nt. LOL luckily no one got hurt.

·
YamaWho?
1,487 Posts
i never drink and drive... on anything, my truck, my 450r, my boat...

my ex broke her neck because her and someone else were riding on a 450r down a road DRUNK and didnt turn in a corner and hit a ditch, landed about 100 ft from where they went off, dont know exactly how fast but the bike was in 5th gear when it was picked up. she was extremely lucky she didnt die, just got to wear a halo for about 3 months. now you tell me, is it really worth it?

yea i know some jus sip on some beer and ride, not so much a big deal but when people start getting hammered and then getting on their bikes, they're just asking for somthing horrible to happen.

·
Premium Member
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i don't think there is anything wrong with drink when riding, but i would get stupid drunk or even drunk enough to mess up my riding abilities. i know a few on bikes who get stupid drunk and they crash all the time. I just have too much to lose. tweaking my frame once it 1 time too many for me![/b]
Awesome. If Im out riding and run across a drunk rider chances are he will be going to jail. I will do everything in my power to see that it happens. Im not positive, but Ive heard if you get a DUI on an ATV its gone. They keep it. And rightly so. A beer or two is one thing. I have buddies that take a break and have a beer. Its cool. Also, what someone does on their own private property is their business. But, on public land, at the Dunes, other riders, families, KIDS, all out having a good time. Anyone riding drunk? Best keep their ass away from me. I wont hesitate to dial 911 to turn in a DUI. In a car, boat, or ATV.

·
Premium Member
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The comments on youtube crack me up. Some dude left a comment on one of my videos today.
Damn you guys need to grow some balls, in the dunes you should be getting some mad air[/b]
Whatever. Im 45 yrs old and only been riding a year and a half. Im mearly a recreational rider. I ride for fun. The particular video he commented on a had less than a years experience at riding. Whatever. Then I look at his videos. He has one. Enjoy, its BAD ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
i had a blaster exactly like that. fun little machine.

if i am drunk, i wont even LOOK at my quad. so me and rick come on here and enjoy ourselves haha

oh and rick bidded like 60 grand on a dodge viper on ebay and got outbidded within the next 30 seconds

1 - 17 of 17 Posts