·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Elka-Front-...sspagenameZWDVW

I am thinking about buying these shocks but i do not know about shocks, there are no dunes here in miami o i will mainly be doing street and trails... i think they will be good for just that, anyone wanna help me out and let me know?[/b]
I would not buy any shocks with out compression and rebound adjustments..JMO

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Elka-Front-...sspagenameZWDVW

I am thinking about buying these shocks but i do not know about shocks, there are no dunes here in miami o i will mainly be doing street and trails... i think they will be good for just that, anyone wanna help me out and let me know?[/b]
I would not buy any shocks with out compression and rebound adjustments..JMO
[/b]
I just said i dont know squat about shocks!!!!! can u explain what compression and rebound is????

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
the shocks you are looking at pretty much have no adjustability. The only thing you can change is the ride height/preload, which is adjusted by how much you turn down the on the adjuster on top of the springs. You will not be able to adjust how stiff the shocks are.

What quadforce is talking about with the compression and rebound adjustment with compression you can adjust how stiff the shock is and how hard it is to compress the shocks. Rebound allways you to adjust how quickly or slowly the shock will decompress or "rebound".

Being able to adjust these things will allow you to fine tune the shocks and allow them to work much better. Stock shocks on 450rs have compressing and rebound adjustment along with rebound.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
if you revalve your stock shocks they will be better than those. all that those shocks have are ride height adjustable.

your stocks have compression and rebound adjustments on them.

·
Registered
241 Posts
If you want the best bang for your buck, send them to GT Thunder. They do Awesome work. My buddy just had his revalved on his 08 LTR and they WORK AMAZING for a stock shock. The stock shocks on these machines are a good starting point because, like mentioned before, they have compression and rebound adjustment. GT thunder will set them up for your weight by changing the internal valving and adding dual rate springs. The shocks will be custom tailored to your weight and riding style. You can have the front and rear revalved/resprung, as well as getting a longer rear suspension link for just over $700. This setup will be significantly better than those non adjustable Elkas your are looking into. I would rank GT thunder's work right up there with Elka's compression/rebound ajustable shocks. I have rode with both.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts