Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys im gonna go to the dealer sat and ive got a couple ?s about credit for some of you guys thats might have an idea or have been in the same boat. Alright im 19 and have no credit, never have had a loan for anything. Im gonna go to the dealer with a thousand dollars in hand for a down payment. Now my question is, what do you think the turnout will be with no co-signer, think ill get approved? Well i hope so. Thanks guys. Jeff

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Hmmm Honda is usually pretty good with their creit options. Chances are you will get approved, but you may not qualify for their special 6.9 rate or whatever they hve going right now.

Good luck
Dave

·
Registered
273 Posts
i was in that same boat (no credit) but i did have a co-signer. When i applied for the loan, the only thing they want to see is if you have a job, preferably full time (part time in my case) and how much you make in a month. I told them $1000 and that was enough to get me approved.
The finance guy gave me a tip for making my payments. He told me to photocopy every bill and check i sent in. After a year, he told me to mail all of them in and honda will remove the cosigner off the account.
just my 2 cents

·
Registered
391 Posts
You are probably going to need a co-signer unfortunately
. Good luck! I would ask your parents if they would co-sign for you just in case you need them to so they are available on Saturday when you go to purchase it just in case you need them.

·
Registered
196 Posts
IF you don't have a credit card or anything it might be tough. Everyone should get a credit card, even if it's only for $200 when you turn 18. Credit is a real catch 22 when your young - you need to build it for the future, but you have to have discipline which is tough when your broke.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Originally posted by jab0450@Sep 30 2004, 06:45 PM
Ok guys im gonna go to the dealer sat and ive got a couple ?s about credit for some of you guys thats might have an idea or have been in the same boat. Alright im 19 and have no credit, never have had a loan for anything. Im gonna go to the dealer with a thousand dollars in hand for a down payment. Now my question is, what do you think the turnout will be with no co-signer, think ill get approved? Well i hope so. Thanks guys.  Jeff
sorry, i'm 99.9% sure you will not get approved. Owning a ATV is a luxury item, it's not something you really need like a car. Getting a loan for a car is easier than an ATV.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
good luck...my bank wouldnt approve my dad & when they finally said they would it was like 22% apr...we got it from honda for 6.9% with $3000 down

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Depending on the Honda dealer you go to, some of them have their own financing you can go through if you can't get approved through Honda. If you show them you have a steady job, don't have any other bill's, and you put money down I think you have a good chance. But like quadboy said, make sure your parents will be available Saturday in case you need someone to co-sign...
Dave

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well guys, i decided to listen to you. Im gonna wait until thursday when my mom can go with me. She said she would go ahead and co-sign for me!! I feel better about that, i was starting to worry about my chances. Well, Ill let you know how it goes on thurs!! Thanks guys for all the reply's and tips, ill keep them all in mind. Jeff

·
Registered
391 Posts
When your mom co-signs for you make sure that you are the primary buyer. This is a GREAT way for you to establish the credit your going to need for future purchases. Make sure the finance person at the dealer insures that this happens. VERY IMPORTANT. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts