Honda TRX 450R banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I put my mouse over that link and my network shut down for symtak error. not a trusted site. at least not for work

2 times a charm it works now
yeah the photo is very deceiving it looks like that cliff is over 100'

·
Truck Yea
5,281 Posts
I was there that day Rob. It was an amazing fall..I forget, it was Terrizzi (sp)?
@tom: No seriously it happened. Amazingly the rider wasnt hurt either.

I learned a long time ago: Id like to keep the bike and myself from being hurt so I can ride another say. I used to do some pretty hairy stuff but stopped after I hurt myself a few times. My shoulder still isnt right after the fall in treverton that time.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I was there that day Rob. It was an amazing fall..I forget, it was Terrizzi (sp)?
@tom: No seriously it happened. Amazingly the rider wasnt hurt either.

I learned a long time ago: Id like to keep the bike and myself from being hurt so I can ride another say. I used to do some pretty hairy stuff but stopped after I hurt myself a few times. My shoulder still isnt right after the fall in treverton that time.
Antonio is his name. Terrizzi was there. He's the other banshee guy.
Antinio is an great rider. And crasher as well.
He called me that day and told me to come out.
Needless to say, I missed out.
The crazy part is I've seen him make it up way steeper and longer hills. But yeah, I'm not about doing that. I like to ride my bike onto the truck and walk out of there as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
I put my mouse over that link and my network shut down for symtak error. not a trusted site. at least not for work

2 times a charm it works now
yeah the photo is very deceiving it looks like that cliff is over 100'
It's a good 60-70 feet.
Still wouldn't want to fall like that tho

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
It's a good 60-70 feet.
Still wouldn't want to fall like that tho

I've flipped my quad 3 times since owning it, 2 times loading it to my truck bed less than 3' off the ground and that hurt so yeah that still looks pretty scary just not as lethal as the original pic. You would have assumed the rider was killed from that photo.

·
Truck Yea
5,281 Posts
Antonio is his name. Terrizzi was there. He's the other banshee guy.
Antinio is an great rider. And crasher as well.
He called me that day and told me to come out.
Needless to say, I missed out.
The crazy part is I've seen him make it up way steeper and longer hills. But yeah, I'm not about doing that. I like to ride my bike onto the truck and walk out of there as well.

Yea Ive ridden with you guys more than a few times and Ive seen them do some pretty knarly stuff. Just wasnt his day.

Id guesstimate that hill was a good 50ft or better..not for the faint of heart.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The world shrinks yet again.
Where was that Manchester? Is that Jackson? Either way if you're not familiar with that cliff personally, you would swear it's the grand canyon. (or is my depth perception going on me?)

·
Truck Yea
5,281 Posts
Jackson, where you were riding with me that time your shifter fell off. They dug and dug and dug out a lot of those bowls last year or so. I have no idea if its as high as it was then. I havent been out all summer really-way to hot.

That hill was a curve until the last 20 ft.

·
Truck Yea
5,281 Posts
Yea we discovered it about a week ago lol.

Q about AOAA, would you say it was as rocky and muddy as NH or about the same?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Depends on what trails you take and how dry it is prior. Most people complain about the dust in NH which can be a similar complaint with riding in Trevorton/Shamokin.
So you might want muddy or at least wet where as me and my racing cut fenders would prefer the dust, since I usually lead :D
There is a flat trail to the whale back and a rocky one. there are some flat trails on the east side and technical ones as well. A couple of decent but manageable hills mixed in.

edit:I told Wayne what you said and he is getting a new axel and I sent out an invite to Jonsey but haven't heard back yet. He's buried in a bottle in the outer banks until Saturday so I'll hear something from him soon.

·
Truck Yea
5,281 Posts
hahaha about Wayne lol

So far I have at least 2 in, possibly more. Im going, dont care if I gotta get up at the crack of dawn. COFFEE!!! LOTS OF IT!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
We load the night before & leave by 7.
I think I have at least 6-7 possibly 4-6 more.
Jonsey can't make it and I haven't heard back from TJ or Pete & Sandi as of yet but here is what I have so far

Definates:
Me, Wayne, (a 3rd tbd), Lonnie, My Friend Rich & his brother (dirt bike guys also mechanics)
Strong possible:My buddy derek & his brother (4x)
outside, Vinnie + 1 (4x)
my cousin Luke in his side x
I figure we have at least 9 and 20 if everyone showed up.
didn't you have another group of 3 Mark?
Sheerider you solo or you bringing a wing man?

·
Truck Yea
5,281 Posts
Im hoping for 3, me , joe and julio. Not sure about my other friend joe and his gang so far. he has an issue because his quad uses 110.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
So Does lonnie's I think. I know John's does but he isn't coming.
oh Wayne said to bring the spare trailer tire (unless I get up there sooner)

·
Truck Yea
5,281 Posts
Yea Ill bring it. Been meaning to grab it when I see ya.

Im sure my buddy can bring extra gas..

·
Registered
162 Posts
So far just me. But I need to get to the DMV and get some paperwork on this quad. Also call my insurance

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
If you don't get either don't worry you can still ride
Insurance is smart to have, full coverage if it's worth it and you run the risk of theft but it's not imperative for this ride.
They don't require any documentation from you.

21 - 40 of 79 Posts