Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a group ride set up for Sunday 9/18 10am @ AOAA in Shamokin, PA . Anyone interested let me know and I will send contact info.

·
Truck Yea
5,281 Posts
Im down of course. Let see if I can bring more with me.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I don't have my bike insured and registered tho.
****, I don't even have the title for the other one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Few places that require these documents actually take the time to check it. They put that out there to cover their butts with Insurance companies.
Where are you coming from Sheerider11? I will PM you contact info and spot to meet up with us (unless you just want to meet @ parking lot around 10am)
Go here and do the E registration this way no waiting once you get there and you are on file for life.

Waiver | AOAA Trails

Looks like Lonnie is in, they just moved into their new house!
John is away that weekend with the family.
Wayne is out (so Ron might be in)
Waiting to here back from Pete and Sandi. I will ask TJ but he is still a nocturnal creature.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in Woodbridge.
Hmm. I own the yfz so I can do all that with that bike

Oh I should have mentioned no Yamaha's ;) :nerd::smile2:
Looks like you will be coming the same way as Mark (CJM) so you can meet up with us at Cabela's around 8:30-8:45 or the parking lot of AOAA. Let me know what your preference is and I will pm you my cell #.

·
Truck Yea
5,281 Posts
Looks like I might have about half a dozen. Im gonna try and keep it small though. Possibly Joe and Julio said he was in and then another friend might being 2-3 with him. Were meeting at cabelas in harrisburg again?

And no Wayne..aw cmon, he is a crusty b-tard but he is dang funny. Gotta see if TJ wants to come, good guy too.

Tom, what was the area like overall? I liked treverton but would have preferred trails more to the open pits with hills that almost killed me..lol.

Ill text or call you sometime next few days once I know whats going on. But Im in for sure this time. Gonna be dragging that morning tho.maybe I can make someone else drive.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's a shame you never go to do the old whale back loop, that was a nice ride.
There is enough riding there for a good 3-4 hours. No coal hills ;) We can't get there from AOAA yet.
Eventually they might have a combo pass with RAC but not yet.
There will be a connected campground by the end of this season.

Wayne doesn't have the time or cash right now to fix his axle as he is working on one of his 7 Harley's that needs tweaking and he won't ride one of his 2 back up quads. 6 Harley's and 2 quads idk bout you but I'm riding.

Yeah DD at the foot of the Cabela's would be good around 8:30 ish. and bring as many as you like, you know me the more the merrier. Just make sure they fill out the online waiver so we can pay and ride once we get there.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Oh I should have mentioned no Yamaha's ;) :nerd::smile2:
Looks like you will be coming the same way as Mark (CJM) so you can meet up with us at Cabela's around 8:30-8:45 or the parking lot of AOAA. Let me know what your preference is and I will pm you my cell #.
Dam sheerider,maybe if you wear a Honda t-shirt they'll let you ride:horse:

·
Registered
162 Posts
I had one before with a little stroker motor it was alot of fun
It's for sure a fun bike.
But the 4 stroke is A LOT nicer of a ride,
easier on gas, handles better, and slower.
All things are a plus to me now.

·
Truck Yea
5,281 Posts
It's a shame you never go to do the old whale back loop, that was a nice ride.
There is enough riding there for a good 3-4 hours. No coal hills ;) We can't get there from AOAA yet.
Eventually they might have a combo pass with RAC but not yet.
There will be a connected campground by the end of this season.

Wayne doesn't have the time or cash right now to fix his axle as he is working on one of his 7 Harley's that needs tweaking and he won't ride one of his 2 back up quads. 6 Harley's and 2 quads idk bout you but I'm riding.

Yeah DD at the foot of the Cabela's would be good around 8:30 ish. and bring as many as you like, you know me the more the merrier. Just make sure they fill out the online waiver so we can pay and ride once we get there.
Of course Wayne wont ride the back up ones or swap the axles lol. And the harleys need attention lol.

Shame we cant do the RAC ride too, but after last time lol..IDK if I should. Note to self, the dang place is dangerous!

Anyways Im gonna bring a few with me. Plan on beign at cabelas at 8:30 but might be later, IDK about traffic lol.
@sheerider: The banshee is undisputed in a drag race imho but the handling is just soooo poor.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

·
Truck Yea
5,281 Posts
Ya know what the worst was, the lack of traction just made you roll down like you were on ice. Not fun..

·
Registered
162 Posts
That's what definitely turn me off about those hills.
I put a lot of money into my bike and I'd really like to keep from destroying it. Especially because of something stupid like traction.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts