Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iv had my 450 for about 3 months now and i babied it at the begining but once i found out its true power i couldnt stop but needless to say i was kicking it once and i cracked the casing and broke 3 teeth off the kick gear anyone have this prob?

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Originally posted by TRX450Rampage@Jul 28 2004, 11:17 AM
Iv had my 450 for about 3 months now and i babied it at the begining but once i found out its true power i couldnt stop but needless to say  i was kicking it once and i cracked the casing and broke 3 teeth off the kick gear anyone have this prob?
u prob. have been giving it gas everytime...i havent seen anyone with that problem...see if warranty will take care of it

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by TRX450Rampage@Jul 28 2004, 04:04 PM
factory is taking care of it but what u mean i prob been giving it gas everytime?
you dont want to ever give it gas while you are kicking it over....dont even touch the gas....thats what causes it to kick back on you.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ahhhhhhh well that will cut down on the bruses on my shin! i just cant get the beast to start but i dont like using choke so that would be a very big reason why i presume thanks everybody l8r

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by TRX450Rampage@Jul 28 2004, 07:32 PM
ahhhhhhh      well that will cut down on the bruses on my shin! i just cant get the beast to start but i dont like using choke so that would be a very big reason why i presume thanks everybody l8r
are you using the hot start button...when its already hot of course. You dont want to choke if the engine is already warm.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Originally posted by TRX450rlude+Jul 28 2004, 06:13 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-TRX450Rampage
@Jul 28 2004, 04:04 PM
factory is taking care of it but what u mean i prob been giving it gas everytime?
you dont want to ever give it gas while you are kicking it over....dont even touch the gas....thats what causes it to kick back on you. [/b]
why????? never needed to give it gas myself, but why does it kick back if you do?

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
because the 450r's carb automatically pumps fuel in to start it without having to give it any gas, if you've done this on an electric start quad you may of never noticed it, mabey a backfire.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I knew all that ( i never choke when its warm ) but with every quad electric/kick and DB electric/kick i always gave it a bit of gas and its funny cause i would only try to give it gas after kicking it a few times and it would start right up when i give it gas and just curious did anyone change their idle from stock cause it does idle pritty low

1 - 10 of 10 Posts