Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this section looks new to me. Anyone from around Alberta, Saskatchewan or Manitoba? I have seen a few but lets see how many we have. Im from Alberta myself. Live in a small a$$ town around central AB. Who else is around here?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right on! Anyone else??

·
Registered
449 Posts
I am down in Minot, ND(always seeing saskatchewan plates)...not sure how far you are away but the MX scene sucks down here

no one allows quads and hardly any OHV areas

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
It makes more sense for people from Saskatoon/Regina area to go to Minot then it does for them to go to Edmonton or Calgary. Not much farther of a drive and there's a lot more to see and do and everything is usually way cheaper.

·
Registered
449 Posts
yeah that's what I figured...they are always at the post office and Walmart

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mx around where i live is dead for quads. I live almost right in between Calgary and edmonton in a little town called Rimbey. We have a small town MX track which is somewhat fun to ride. Also Rocky Mountain House has one but quads are usually bullied off because everyone out here has a bike for MX racing. Other than that there are a few tracks spread out among central AB.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I farm so my riding is almost unlimited till the crop gets put in then were limited to mostly roads till the fall, We do make a few trip to the rocky mountains a few times a year and ride the old logging roads and trails and thats usually where we put on most of our miles. i dont know of any tracks around that would allow a quad on them which sucks...

·
Registered
130 Posts
hey guys...I'm in Alberta as well. about half an hour north of Edmonton. As for MX....check out alberta atv triple crown It's an ATV only mx series in Alberta. Rather than racing SOAB's and provincials on the same day with bikes....it's only quads! Fully prepped track every race, no bike ruts to fight with. Classes from mini beginner to pro (and yes, we do have a couple "real" pros. One from Rocky is racing pro in the ITP quadcross series this year) 6 races this summer...check website for schedule. Also on facebook search ATV(quads) racing western Canada. That page is most the triple crown people. We don't get bullied off tracks by bikes when we show up to practice in groups. Hope to see some new faces out racing!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Im just West of Red Deer (Central Alberta)

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@vighj. Yeah man we gotta get our bikes running again lol

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
never been to them actually. I know Brule AB has some sort of sand dune or pit or something lol. I have a buddy who went up there with his renegade and he said they were fun,, but he didn't describe them too much. Next time I see him Ill get an answer for you.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Brule is fun but not amazing...it's close to Hinton, about 2.5-3 hours west of Edmonton. It's not really dunes...it's basically a wide beach a long the lake, with a few hills...nothing huge. Really nice scenery with the mountains....a full day of riding it starts getting repetitive, it's not all that big of area. It is a good place if you want to do some water skipping though!! Our closest real dunes is St Anthony's in Idaho....14 hours from Edmonton. Worth every minute of the drive.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Brule is fun for woods dune riding. The open big hill climbs aren't much to look at. Still a bunch of fun. Im in BC and atv mx is dead here. In the south anyways.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts