Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Raced again this saturday. Got second in the heat, but won the main. Raced at Murray SX in Murray, KY. Not a big fan of the track owner, but wanted more seat time. We were the first moto after practice, so they watered the track. Not a big deal, right? But they parked the water truck right in front of the starting gate, and it leaked another 400 gallons or so right in front of the start. Made for a big mess. I didn't get the holeshot in the heat, but came out third, we got red flagged cuz a "pro" rider crashed off the finish line table top two laps in, so we restarted. Came out exactly the same and finished the same. Second in my class, 25+ money, and there was a B rider ahead of me and the other guy. So we get to the main. I pulled the holeshot this time, perfect track conditions (no water this time). They split us up, ran the 25+ money guys with the two "pro" riders. No problem. Except about halfway thru the first lap, this "pro" behind me starts knocking the crap out of my back tires. The other "pro" was way in back of the field, still hurt from his "big" wreck that red flagged the heat. I let him by, even though he wasn't much faster than us old guys. So I win my class, maybe five seconds back from this "pro". My opinion question is, would you guys try to run all over a slightly slower rider, even though your competition was no where close? I understand it's a competition, but there's no reason to try to wreck somebody, just to get ahead when you're not even in the same class. I wasn't holding him up, I was hitting every jump. It's just aggravating I guess. The other guys in my class, are straight up riders. We pass, we jump right next to each other, and respect the other's lines. We don't try to kill each other just for the hell of it. We're all friends, and all have to work on monday. I guess I'm just ranting a little. No real harm, no real foul. You'll see him when I let him by in the helmet cam video. I don't know who that 808 is, never seen him at any other track, but next time I may not be so nice about letting him by. Thanks for watching. :)

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
nice video, thanks for sharing. that rider infront of you made some good ground through the whoops.

if someone was on my tail like you said, i would of raced him and tried to hold him off.

did you get to talk to him after the race?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If he was riding clean, and just racing, I'd have tried to hold him off. But he was banging pretty good back there. I didn't want to chance him crashing us out. Found out he's the reason the other guy wiped out so bad in the heat.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Cool video!

First off, thats a crazy short race! Holy cow...less than 5 minutes for an entire race!

As for the guy hitting you - this is my opinion. If he is able to continuously bump you, you need to get out of the way. That means he WAS faster than you. Its hard to go your full speed when you're eating roost lap after lap. I'm sure if he would have got in front of you he would have gapped you some. Him being in a higher class than you does kind of give him the "right" to have you let him pass. My experience with slower guys doing that is that they think they have something to prove and want to be able to tell their friends they held off a "pro" or "expert" rider or whatever. Its more of an ego thing usually. It is more safe for both riders to let the faster guy go.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll agree with that, partially. He wasn't that much faster, he pulled maybe a five second lead at the finish. My problem is not with letting him by, I did that. My problem is with him knocking the crap out of me for two turns. That's all. All you gotta do is show me a tire in a turn, if I'm not racing you, I'll let you by. That's how I race. If you're not in my class, come on by. No reason to get rough with my old self. LoL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts