Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i got my new valve and guide from honda after my bike bent an intake valve(wrong timing i think)....but for some reason the new valve wont slide into the new guide???can anyone shed any light on this matter?
thanks....

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
04/05 vs 06/07 guides vs valves.....

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
04/05 vs 06/07 guides vs valves.....[/b]
this shouldent be the problem as its an inlet valve and guide which as far as im aware are the same size for 04 to 07....plus the part numbers on the bags they came in match up on hondas parts fiche???...

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Measure the stem dia of the new and old valves, with mic or dial caliaper.[/b]
the new and old valves are both exactly the same diameter....as the new valve slides perfectly into the old guide...iv measured the valves at 5.5mm...but the guide is 5mm....i also got a new kibblewhite guide and i have the same problem with it???

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
crf guides are 5mm trx guides are 5.5 i believe, i know the crf are thinner[/b]
yes i think thats right....does anyone know if it would be possible to get the guide machined to suit the valve?...cause tbh iv no clue what else to do and its wrecking my head now....iv got the bike 2 months now and iv only ridden it twice...damn im pissed off!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what about in lenght? same size?

springs and retainers will still fit?
[/quote]yep...same lenght so imagine they would still fit!

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Yep.......04/05 TRX is 5.5mm and CRF is 5.0mm
Why replace the guide? You probably only need the valve.

I would order the correct valve.........you dont want 1 valve 5mm and the other 5.5mm.

There is a weight different......its minimal but the springs are probably designed for the 5mm valves.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yep.......04/05 TRX is 5.5mm and CRF is 5.0mm
Why replace the guide? You probably only need the valve.

I would order the correct valve.........you dont want 1 valve 5mm and the other 5.5mm.

There is a weight different......its minimal but the springs are probably designed for the 5mm valves.[/b]
im replacing the guide bacause it has a small hair line crack in it from the valve bending!like i said...the new and old valves are the same diameter...5.5mm...so im sure the guide is the problem...which hopefully now can be reamed by a compentent machine shop to suit!
only thing im wondering now is why you have to get the guide reamed and honda dont make them to suit from the factory???

1 - 16 of 16 Posts