Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
i believe on the 06+ stock cylinders the cranks crack them, correct me if im wrong, but i remember something like that, or maybe it was the DASA cyl.

and some say it vibrates more and u have to get the crank and pisotn balanced at crankworks.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Not balanced and No problems thus far (knock on wood). I like the torque my bike has now too, good setup

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
only problem i have had with mine is the great power out put and the increased roost from all of the torque. I did have mine balanced and it feels so close to stock its crazy but it turns up quicker bc of the shorter rod

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
If you have actual personal knowledge of an engine that failed as a direct result of the use of a HR HD or +3 crank,then buy all means post it up....but....please refrain from using blanket statements or using third party heresay regarding this subject.
I recently started a similar thread and there were quite a few responses and to my knowledge...there have not been any reports of durability issues of failures due to the HR cranks.
The only failures I am aware of are the ones that combined a big bore/stroker combo....and it was the cylinders that failed...not the crankshaft.That is not to suggest the cylinders are at fault...in some instances...builder error or other parts failure could be a factor.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What he said.
I have not yet seen the crank as the issue.
I am still going strong on mine with the Athena 98mm jug. So far, so good.
But I don't have huge hours on it yet either.
I did not balance, but I wish I would have. It will just add longevity to the whole build.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts