Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dart 450r what mm bore & sleeve?on that 406ex. i have 80mm big bore & 4.5mm stroker on veshra rod and
i am at only 352cc. Your 5.0mm stroke would only give you around 360cc with 80mm bore.Did you some how
use a 400ex 89mm piston and sleeve?

my little thumper:
Sparks exhaust,cdi,FCR 35mm set up from jeff at Sparks.
port & polish,kibblewhite springs 1mm oversize blackdiamond valves,3 angle valve job.
Web cam .335 lift, 280 dration & rockers.
Barnett dirt digger clutch ,4degree retarded timing "for top end", 15-36 gearing, on race gas.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dart 450r what mm bore & sleeve?on that 406ex. i have 80mm big bore & 4.5mm stroker on veshra rod and
i am at only 352cc. Your 5.0mm stroke would only give you around 360cc with 80mm bore.Did you some how
use a 400ex 89mm piston and sleeve?

my little thumper:
Sparks exhaust,cdi,FCR 35mm set up from jeff at Sparks.
port & polish,kibblewhite springs 1mm oversize blackdiamond valves,3 angle valve job.
Web cam .335 lift, 280 dration & rockers.
Barnett dirt digger clutch ,4degree retarded timing "for top end", 15-36 gearing, on race gas.[/b]

i think he must be mistaked i have never heard of a 406 300ex. it would definately produce some torque and hp. and i dotn see how he could use a 400x piston and sleeve cause the exhaust ports are totally different

·
Registered
318 Posts
Im a little late on this, but I believe that is how you get that displacement. I wanted to do it to mine. you have the 300ex cylinder bored and press in a 400ex sleeve. and the fact that the 400's exhaust ports are different doesnt matter because you dont use the 400ex head. you also have to get a custom piston. I forget who makes one, but when I was thinking of doing this I had found someone that had done it. I think it was four stroke tech that used to do it, and probably others as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts