Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have purchased a 04TRX 450R from a local dealership in the Kansas city area.; They included the power up kit and install into the price of the whole thing. They are telling me the HRC kit is on back order. I have seen all over the net and on here the kits are in stock at other places. I heve yet to pick the quad up because I am waiting for the install so I am missing prime riding time (sold the 400 to get this thing). SHould I go get the quad and take it backwhen the kit comes in to have it installed or get a kit somewhere else and try to have the dealership refund that cost and have them install it.

Any Thoughts.

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Your best bet would be to wait. If you get it now, then bring it back, you will have to break it in all over again. IMO, patience is a virtue :D

-Zack-

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think you should get the bike and catch up on all that lost riding time, and when the dealership gets the hrc kit take it in and have them install it

·
Registered
196 Posts
Go get it and go riding. A stock 450r is still alot better then having nothing to ride. The guy I bought my R from, his dealer even told him to go ride it and break it in, THEN bring it back for the HRC install even though the kit was paid for and in hand. I don't know if it really makes that much difference either way though....

·
Registered
391 Posts
You can also search around your area at other dealers to see if they can match or beat the price and installed the kit right away. If not then I would suggest waiting. It's a pain in the rear when you have to take things back for work that can be done before you take purchase of the quad. There is going to be a break in period once the kit is installed anyway and you'll have to take it back for adjustments anyway after the inital break period.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts