Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me first inform you guys as to what im testing and in what order im testing them in.

1) Right now and first run is in complete Dasa form. Dasa 550cc stroker motor with their complete head mods. Ti- valves ect. It is currently cammed by the Johnson 375/400 grind degreed @ 2 degrees advanced, a 107 C.L. Carburated by a FCR modified by Dasa. A Dasa intake with the air box removed and a complete Dasa pipe. It will be running on VP MR9 race fuel and ignitioned by the CRF ignition.

This is the first set to be dynoed where we shall a/f it correctlyand give it its best run.

2) Same setup only swaping out the Dasa intake for the D&D air filter setup. Again, we shall correctly jet for this setup.

3) #2's setup only now swaping out the Dasa pipe for the P.C. in unlimited form. "a/f will be used again)

4) This run is the same as #3 but swaping out the D&D filter for the Dasa filter...a/f

5)Best combonation of all of what was previously tested and swap to an HRC cam. This setup i will compare to the exact mods with the Johnson cam. a/f

I hope, and i mean hope to get it all done. Im prepared and ready. If you guys have any good suggestions, please feel free to tell me. I promise to do as best i can making each comparison equal. Brian and i will also sound test both pipes.

I will be trying out the clutch lockout in a few days but not for the dyno runs tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
How are you planning on starting with the lock out?
I've got a way to do it, but have not done it yet.
Good luck, and have fun, sounds like your going to have your hands full for sure!
Is it a Vortex'd CRF?

·
Registered
82 Posts
with the MR9 being an oxygenated fuel , will it throw off the a/f ratio readings??? I was told by my Dyno guy it would , as I run U4 and it is an oxu fuel. Just food for thought.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by KGB@Dec 2 2005, 06:24 PM
Good luck, and have fun, sounds like your going to have your hands full for sure!
Is it a Vortex'd CRF?
[snapback]165797[/snapback]​

Kam, it is not vortex'ed. I dont have the lockout in place actually. I am waiting to install that sometime next week.

The hands will be full but im optomistic it can get done. I figured doing the cam swap the way i am doing it will save time. Its the jetting for each thing that might add up lots of time.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by CCRider@Dec 2 2005, 06:29 PM
with the MR9 being an oxygenated fuel , will it throw off the a/f ratio readings??? I was told by my Dyno guy it would , as I run U4 and it is an oxu fuel. Just food for thought.
[snapback]165803[/snapback]​

I will digest that food and play it by ear :D Thanks for bringing that up.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Originally posted by 370kingR+Dec 2 2005, 06:35 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-KGB
@Dec 2 2005, 06:24 PM
Is it a Vortex'd CRF?

Kam, it is not vortex'ed. I dont have the lockout in place actually. I am waiting to install that sometime next week.

The hands will be full but im optomistic it can get done. I figured doing the cam swap the way i am doing it will save time. Its the jetting for each thing that might add up lots of time.
[snapback]165806[/snapback]​
[/b]

hey king, I got my lock out on today. I will post some pics here in a little bit. I also will have the kickstart adapter done tonite also.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by alkyyfz450+Dec 2 2005, 06:56 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 2 2005, 06:35 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-KGB
@Dec 2 2005, 06:24 PM
Is it a Vortex'd CRF?

[snapback]165806[/snapback]​

hey king, I got my lock out on today. I will post some pics here in a little bit. I also will have the kickstart adapter done tonite also.
[snapback]165821[/snapback]​
[/b]

Sweet! Tell us how it does. I cant believe you made an extension already, thats awsome :rock: I may need to borrow it :innocent:

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Heres a picture of the ugly powerhouse.... Notice it doenst have an once of bling. All muscle :D

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by oldsandman@Dec 2 2005, 07:15 PM
Good luck King! Try to get some sleep tonght, gonna be a busy and long day for you.
[snapback]165833[/snapback]​

hehe i will. Im actually going down soon. I may beat my 2 year old daughter to bed tonight.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Originally posted by 370kingR@Dec 2 2005, 05:14 PM
pipe again, its rediculous in diameter in the later steps.
[snapback]165832[/snapback]​

I can tell :blink:

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by oldsandman@Dec 2 2005, 07:17 PM
Whatcha mean "no bling" I see that anodized oil fill cap! :D
[snapback]165836[/snapback]​

Comeing from "bling master himself!" :lol2:

I need your quad and put my motor setup in there. I spent all my eggs on power. None left to make it look good.

Its amazing what rock salt does to a stock axle! After riding last winter around town in the snow, my axle now looks like one from a 86 200x :dunno:

·
Lord of Combustion
14,065 Posts
geeezzz king...why didn't you get the BIG DASA pipe to try?? not the little pea shooter :eek:oh4:

when i came up with the PC dimensions, i made them to work form a super broad range on a 450cc machine

there aint no way in he!! the PC with its current headpipe could flow as much as that pipe...even if you hooked a shop vac on the end of it!

if the 550cc stroker needs that much volume to do its thing, the PC will be like stuffing a rag in the exhaust by comparison

thanks for all the testing and info you provide at your expense! hope all goes well :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 227 Posts