I am still not 100% done but here is what I have so far.
I pretty much destroyed my 06 quad during my last race when the course turned into a mud bog ended up taking out the engine, tranny, rear bearing carrier, new crack in the frame, etc. I tore the quad down to the bare frame with plans of having it gussetted. Rather than gussett my frame I bought Jeremy's (4bidden) 04-05 geometry LSR race frame since it was a good deal and most people said it should work. All my parts showed up Friday and I only had this one weekend to get it together in time for the Silver State 300 on the 27th. The LSR frame looks the same basically but there are quite a few minor differences that make this swap a royal PITA. here is a list and some pics.
1. The engine mount tabs on the frame are closer together so all of the spacers and bolts from the 06 frame/engine need to be shortened. I think we took 5/8" off the front spacers, 1/2" off the bottom middle spacers and 1/4" off the top middle spacers. These measurements aren't exact, i am just going off memory.
2. The frame is narrower where the precision stabilizer mounts. I had to grind on the stabilizer brackets to get it to fit, also had to dimple the frame to get the bolts to fit.
3. Foot brake lever spring tab is in a different postion. Looks like the 06 spring will work but it looks kinda hokey.
4. Frame is narrower where the aftermarket oil cooler mounts. Had to modify the mounts a little bit.
5. Only one bolt hole on top of the front shock mount for the front fender brackets. used some self tappers to fix that.
6. No bolt holes on front crossbar for 06 headlight and electronics. Used self tappers here too.
7. With the tie rods threaded all the way in I still have way too much toe in. Will need to shorten the tie rods by xx amount or buy shorter tie rods.
Still haven't fully mounted the exhaust, gas tank and fenders so I am not sure what else I will run into.
Front end of the frame with 06 JD +2 LT a-arms
trying to get the engine in
oil cooler and front engine mount:
steering stabilizer, notice how close the bolts are to the frame. they wouldn't go through at all before the BFH was used.
close to running with all new rear end stuff
front headlight mount and fender mount screw location
rear brake lever spring
trying to set alignment