Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys!

I installed the 2" exhaust insert that is selling on Ebay. You basically remove the stock baffle and insert this piece...it's a flange with a 2" diameter pipe. Should be the same jetting requirements as someone with no baffle, so if you removed yours, what is your jetting?

I removed the cut-out on the stock air box lid so it's like the HRC.

I installed a 180 main and a 50 pilot. The needle is on the first position from the tip...raising the needle from stock.

I am not sure where to set the air screw. The quad runs good, but it is running rich. If I let it idle and then blip the throtle it will blow a little black smoke leading me to believe it's loading up. I think I have the air screw a little less than 1.5 turns out. Is that likely the cause?

How does the air screw work? Turn out to lean it or turn in to lean? I wasn't sure of this and i ran out of time to play with it.

Also, where do each of the jets come into play?
Pilot at 1/4 throttle...main at mid, etc?
Thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If I have to screw my air screw all the way in, does that mean my pilot is too big?

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
I would put the 48 pilot back in and mabey even run a 185 main to start with. Mabey 2 to 2 1/2 turns out from closed on the air/fuel screw. Your setup is basically the hrc kit minus the cam so the jetting should be close, if not spot on.

·
Registered
173 Posts
SOunds like its about right already...rather run rich than lean. I was moving it out to about 2-1/4 and helps some...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts