Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw somewhere, don't remember where, an aftermarket fuel screw that comes down maybe 3/4 of and inch and has a knob on it that makes adjusting your fuel screw much easyier. Anyone know where to get one and ever use one? Seems like a worth while investment.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by pbell75@Jun 22 2004, 10:54 AM
I saw somewhere, don't remember where, an aftermarket fuel screw that comes down maybe 3/4 of and inch and has a knob on it that makes adjusting your fuel screw much easyier.  Anyone know where to get one and ever use one?  Seems like a worth while investment.
I wish I did no where to get one...that sounds like a good idea.

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
Originally posted by TRX450rlude+Jun 22 2004, 10:55 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-pbell75
@Jun 22 2004, 10:54 AM
I saw somewhere, don't remember where, an aftermarket fuel screw that comes down maybe 3/4 of and inch and has a knob on it that makes adjusting your fuel screw much easyier.  Anyone know where to get one and ever use one?  Seems like a worth while investment.
I wish I did no where to get one...that sounds like a good idea. [/b]
we sell them... for the FCR carb.

i don know that they will work on the 450r though... unless you have the fcr.

but they are $19.95 each

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
hey paul, i have the FCR so i will probably put an order in with you monday, that and a wide ac grab bar.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by lukester720@Jun 22 2004, 01:13 PM
hey paul, i have the FCR so i will probably put an order in with you monday, that and a wide ac grab bar.
hey luke. just for your info...As you know I have the wide AC grab bar. I like it very much. I would buy another one.

But!!!!!!!!!!!.....I was practicing doing wheelies and fell back on it and it bent just a little you can barely tell. The problem is that I just barely hit the ground with it. Im not sure how strong it is. But I still recommend getting one..

You know how you ride wheelies and then slow down to a stop while your doing the wheelie. Thats all I was doing...I brought the quad to a stop while riding a wheelie, I stopped with the front wheels in the air and balanced there maybe about 1.5 sec. before the quad fell back on the grab bar. I was'nt even moving forward when it happened...And you know if your balanced with your front wheels in the air, your grab bar is already about to touch ground....it fell from there and bent...you can barely tell but it is bent upward just a mm or 2....Just thought you would want to know this before you made your purchase.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Thanks for the info Lude.

·
Registered
986 Posts
call Pro-Tect for the wide grab bar their is about twice as thick in critical bending areas wen compared side by side with AC, PRM,and any other i've seen.

i'm 230 and have put it back on some hard wheelies (still learning) and it has yet to move!

call dan and tell him dustin sent you he'll take care of you. also has a sweet front bumper but i don't have any pics yet.

here's his number
(317) 467-1701

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
Originally posted by RRideRR@Jun 22 2004, 07:31 PM
Hey Woodward,  stuff that thing into a TRX450R and see if it fits.

If it does I want one!

Cheers,
Bob
bring me your 450r and ill try it...i dont have a 450r.

i really an 99.9% sure it wont work.
it is for FCR carbs. i dont think they are the same at all.

·
Registered
175 Posts
The carb on the TRX450R is not the same as the one on the CRF bikes. The carb on the TRX is a Keihin Carburetor with throttle position sensor (TPS) the carb on the CRF is a Keihin Pumper Carburetor (FCR). I have spent a lot of time looking for the Fuel Mixture Screw that works on the "TPS" carb whth no luck :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts