Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wonderful manual doesn't tell me where the air/fuel mixture screw is. Can anyone help me out?

·
Registered
3 Posts
FYI,

It seems like I read on another Forum that the air/fuel screw is on the front of the carb and its pointed towards the front of the ATV. Someone said something about taking the bowl off. I believe that would be your pilot jet and you would only want to change that if you need more than 2 1/2 or 3 turns out on your air/fuel screw (Then you would want to increase the size of the pilot jet). Good luck... Scott

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
actually the main and pilot jet are under the bowl. However you dont have to take the bowl off to adjust the air fuel screw...there are only 2 screws on the carb that can be adjusted. The one on the left side with the black nob is your idle screw. for the air fuel screw you have to loosen the carb and spin it sideways as far as possible. Now look on the bottom of the carb bowl, you will see a long flange sticking out with a flat head screw in it.....screw it in all the way, then back it out about 2 to 2.5 turns......but its located on the bottom of the bowl inside a long flange.....hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts