Honda TRX 450R banner

Air filters available?

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  woodwardspecialties 
#1 ·
Now that more and more manufacturer's are getting up to speed with the 450R, I was wondering what air filter kits are available. I am looking for a nice aluminum mounting ring and the largest, free flowing foam air filter out there. What kind of pro flow kits are available? I like UNI filters, but want a nice kit to go with it. Also open to other foamys though. What is everybody else using? I plan on running the foamy with a EHS lid kit I think, any recommendations?

-RR

#2 ·
After several weeks of using the Sparks Racing air filter, I like it more and more...Its a foam filter, and it has a billit alluminum ring that fits into the tube where the airfilter goes...it helps direct air flow, and it helps to keep the tube firm, for when you tighten the clamp down on the filter...very nice, works well in mud and sand, Ive had it covered in both, and clean as can be on the inside.....Highly recommend. :D

#5 ·
Originally posted by woodwardspecialties@Apr 30 2004, 12:53 AM
ill have sparks filters back in stock next week.
:D I just checked and I did order my air filter from you....small world. Thanks for the filter it works great....fast shipping too.

Nice to have you aboard the forum. :D

#8 ·
go ahead wood, for the sake of the site, give them a better deal then I got...please...although I got a good deal too.

#9 ·
well... .unfortunatly on some products we are not allowed by the manufactures to discount the prices. Sparks is one of them. what i normally do for site members is offer free shipping on sparks products. that at least helps out a little bit.
the filter with ring is $44.95

also it is much harder to give good discounts on small orders.... so remember... the parger your order the more i can do for you.
thanks

#12 ·
Rocky Mountain ATV was out of UNI's to fit the TRX450R until just the other day and I should have mine today. As I recall the part number has an "A" on the end compared to the 400 EX part number. It was 25.99 plus shipping. Later Scott

#13 ·
Originally posted by rap169@Apr 30 2004, 05:54 PM
not sure i understand tht whole billet ring thing. What exactly is it for? Is it needed? Why doesnt uni use one? IM not bashin, just curious.
the billet ring slides into the intake inlet where the filter bolts onto...it helps the air flow into the intake more smoothly, and it alows you to tighten the air filter down onto the inlet tube without crushing it....its a must have in my view...hope this helps.

#15 ·
Originally posted by RedRocket@May 5 2004, 04:01 PM
Does it slide in where that stock 'metal cage' fits? If so, that makes perfect sense,  that cage is ridiculous, I want to get rid of it!

-RR

P.S. What do you call that metal cage anyways?
that is exactly where they go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.