Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what type of air filter do u peeps recomend for my four fiddie r cuz i just got the yoshimura exhaust so im not sure what i should get what airfilter is the best or what should i do ?? and mods to the air filter box anything??

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I use the stock element. Clean it every couple of rides...

I've got 3 of them so I usually have a clean and oiled filter to install...they are cheap enough that I toss them in the trash if I notice any seperation of filter media...

PJ1 filter oil....

·
Registered
430 Posts
It depends what youy do, if you do alot of dust I would recommend a foam filter. Otherwise than that, a k&n should be a good choice. Use a pre-filter for mud and water.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i ride mostly in dust places so i should go with a foam filter ?? if so which one i was thinking pro flow but i dunno

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Can someone tell me something here.....

I am also looking to get a new filter, but am kind of confused. When you buy the sparks kit you get the billet ring (similar to the pro design) and a foam filter for like 45 bucks. Is that ring where you’re getting your gain and what does the ring actually help?

I can get a White Bros, UNI, Twin Air, No Toil, or any other aftermarket foam filter for about 20 bucks... Will I have the same performance gain?

How are you using the stock element? Did you just take the flame arrestor screen out? Isn't the filter to soft, and doesn't it cave in?

Thanks guys
Dave

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by Ride_Red626@Sep 8 2004, 10:20 AM
Can someone tell me something here.....

I am also looking to get a new filter, but am kind of confused.  When you buy the sparks kit you get the billet ring (similar to the pro design) and a foam filter for like 45 bucks.  Is that ring where you’re getting your gain and what does the ring actually help? 

I can get a White Bros, UNI, Twin Air, No Toil, or any other aftermarket foam filter for about 20 bucks...  Will I have the same performance gain?

How are you using the stock element?  Did you just take the flame arrestor screen out?  Isn't the filter to soft, and doesn't it cave in?

Thanks guys
Dave
the billet ring goes inside the flange that the filter mounts too. It supports the plastic opening from caving in when you tighten the filter clamp down on the plastic. Otherwise if you make it to tight you are putting pressure on the plastic and it tends to fold, and it will leak air.....Uni acutally comes with a billet ring also. I have the sparks and I will keep using it. The sparks dont have any type of frame in it to keep the filter from colapsing under acceleration. It just flows so good that it wont colapse. ....Yes you need the billet ring.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts