Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it a good idea to take that metal piece out of the inside of the air filter and just have the air filter hooked up? i was thinking that would allow more air flow through, but what do you guys think? also best foam air filteR? you guys think curtis sparks or what????

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
are these foam filters strong enough to hold their shape without collapsing?
I dont run a foam, thats why I asked.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i was wondering... i seen in our parts unlimited catalog that they made one setup that had a small wire frame inside it to hold the shape on it... but if i dont have to order one i dont really wanna ya know !!!!

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
im sure they can hold there own without the foam airfilter, but i have never tryed, and esp when the engine starts sucking in air, not sure.

FWIW, do you wont gain much power just by removing that, if u want more power by freeing air retriction up, remove the airbox and get a K&N on it and remove the metal screen, then re-jet ;)

but do you really want to shorten the life of your valves for something you wont even feel?

·
Registered
11,022 Posts
no toil is a open cell foam filter, so there is no cage on the inside, and the filter is only like 25 bucks

but the UNI filter is a awesome fitler

·
Registered
972 Posts
UNI is best foam filter. IMO. lots of guys on here run them.

i honestly don't think the filter would hold its shape without the metal frame inside it. it would most likely get sucked into the intake. especially if you are running aftermarket exhaust and an open air box. lots of air pumpin through there.

·
Registered
11,022 Posts
UNI is best foam filter. IMO. lots of guys on here run them.

i honestly don't think the filter would hold its shape without the metal frame inside it. it would most likely get sucked into the intake. especially if you are running aftermarket exhaust and an open air box. lots of air pumpin through there.[/b]
yea thats what i was thinking

1 - 7 of 7 Posts