Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a been wondering would those dasa big filter kits provide much extra performance over the regular sized k&n air filter because I need to get a new filter soon and it is not a whole lot more to get the big filter kit.

Reactions: Ryan94Wright

·
Registered
639 Posts
Yes they do, I have a Racers Edge one on my quad it picked up a little bit of power. but I have a lot of motor work done though. But anything you can do to improve air flow in and air flow out. Even the slightest bit in my opinion will always be that little extra edge of gain.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes they do, I have a Racers Edge one on my quad it picked up a little bit of power. but I have a lot of motor work done though. But anything you can do to improve air flow in and air flow out. Even the slightest bit in my opinion will always be that little extra edge of gain.
Ok thanks for the reply I am currently thinking I might go with the fci intake because I learned it also has a larger filter too plus get the added bonus of the larger intake tube so should have plenty of air flow. It is winter currently where I am at so not really any good riding anymore unless I decide to go out on the ice and do some riding so I am thinking of doing a mild build to my motor by adding a cp 12.5 compression standard bore piston along with either a hrc cam or stage 2 hotcam. With those mods I would like to add the hrc header to match the dg slip on I already have and then of course I would like to throw on the fci intake kit.

·
Truck Yea
6,053 Posts
i went with the dasa ring and the yfz filter that fit it on my 05, was worth it. but my engine was also worked as well.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i went with the dasa ring and the yfz filter that fit it on my 05, was worth it. but my engine was also worked as well.
Yeah my plan with my motor is to be a somewhat mild build with a cam, piston, a hrc header, and probably go with an intake

·
Truck Yea
6,053 Posts
Yeah my plan with my motor is to be a somewhat mild build with a cam, piston, a hrc header, and probably go with an intake
just get yourself a full exhaust, dont bother with the header and a slip on. personally best bang for your buck is HMF, its built well and makes plenty of power.

Id get yourself the dasa ring, larger filter, stage 2 hotcam, 12:1 or 12.5:1 piston and toss the stock carb for an FCR. it will put a smile on your face. I did all of that, the carb however made the most difference.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just get yourself a full exhaust, dont bother with the header and a slip on. personally best bang for your buck is HMF, its built well and makes plenty of power.

Id get yourself the dasa ring, larger filter, stage 2 hotcam, 12:1 or 12.5:1 piston and toss the stock carb for an FCR. it will put a smile on your face. I did all of that, the carb however made the most difference.
Thanks for the great info I think I will go with that setup. What size fcr would you recommend and what machine is it from.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the great info I think I will go with that setup. What size fcr would you recommend and what machine is it from.
Wait I have a 06 doesn’t that already have a fcr carb

·
Truck Yea
6,053 Posts
ah ok i thought you had an 04-05.

personally id just stick with the stock sized filter then. you can bore the FCR carb out and make a bit more power as well.

I currently have a bored carb, 470 kit with +1 valves, dasa exhaust and a web cam. believe me shes got some power. i built it to be reliable more than anything

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ah ok i thought you had an 04-05.

personally id just stick with the stock sized filter then. you can bore the FCR carb out and make a bit more power as well.

I currently have a bored carb, 470 kit with +1 valves, dasa exhaust and a web cam. believe me shes got some power. i built it to be reliable more than anything
Yeah when I do my build on my motor it’s definitely gonna be built to be reliable. Currently I am still on the stock piston with a dg slip on, k&n stock sized filter and a hot cam stage 1 which I just learned was in it a few months ago after riding it for a few years.

·
Truck Yea
6,053 Posts
you will be happy with minor work. the head is where its at, its costly to do it up but well worth it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts