Honda TRX 450R banner

Air box lid mod.

7K views 34 replies 9 participants last post by  417_450 
I was thinking of doing the same thing. But the guy at Curtis Sparks told me that you dont want to use the 185 jet with the stock exhaust...even with the HRC end cap. Is you trx running lean, rich, or what...does it appear to be ok...please let me know..maybe he was just trying to get me to buy the 500 dollar muffler, that I cant afford at the moment.

Im in the midwest....Kansas City Missouri...we are the 1 to 3000 ft range.

Originally posted by joe1l@Mar 10 2004, 09:14 AM
What mods are you running, and what jetting are you at?
Joe
rightnow I am stock...I was planning on doing exactly what you did....keep the stock exhaust with the HRC end cap and a jet kit. I also am going to get a hot cam and run it with this same set up...if anyone is interested Rockymountainatv.com has Hot cams for the 450r for 138 dollars...... :D :D :D

Originally posted by TrX450rKiD@Mar 10 2004, 05:45 PM
Wow..only 138 bucks..that doesnt sound too bad!
its a real good cam too....Im kind of glad we only have 1 cam....its a lot cheaper then 2.

Originally posted by joe1l@Mar 10 2004, 10:07 PM
On my 250r I setup a cut airbox lid similar to that of HRC airbox lid with an outwear over it.  It was still very very restrictive and it was no match to the ope airbox  or a cut lid.  You may have to jet down if you plan on running the outerwear on the airbox lid.  Let me know how it turns out.

Lude, I'm going to wait to get a new cam, untill I figure who has the best one, Sparks, hotcam, web cam, lrd...etc.
Joe
well I will let you know how the hotcam turns out.

Originally posted by joe1l@Mar 11 2004, 12:06 AM
Please keep me posted, which hot cam are you getting, stage 1 or stage 2?
that is a good question...I like to drag race but most of the riding I do is in the trails. Hot cams say stage 2 is recommended for MX or drag racing (sand)....So i will probably go with stage 1, but I would rather have a stage 2 for drag racing. ...what would you guys do.

Originally posted by TrX450rKiD@Mar 11 2004, 07:18 PM
I'd go for stage one!  No replacement for that low-end grunt in my mind!! :D
thanks...any other opinions

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.