Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey what pressure do you run in the bag when you are not loaded. Then what pressure do you run when you are loaded and how much is your load you think? Thanks Richard

·
Registered
506 Posts
My air bags say to run at 0 psi when empty. I tow a 24 ft toy hauler about 10000 lbs loaded and run about 40 to 50 psi. they helped a great deal since I own a nissan Titan half ton.

·
YamaWho?
1,487 Posts
we installed some on my cousins truck about a month ago, they said to always leave 5~10 psi in the bags for normal driving.
and towing, jus adjust em by feel.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
we run ours at about 56-65 and our rid is a 40 ft toy box...around 28,000lbs

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Well, my trailer puts my Silverado down to the stops when I put it on, so I also added some bags.
I run 80-90psi when fully loaded and less than 5psi without the trailer.
It will vary greatly on trailer size and tongue weight. And is it 1/2 ton, 3/4 ton, 1 ton, a pull behind or a 5th wheel?
The 3/4-1ton trucks don't need as much help.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Just be careful of over loading your truck. I have a friend who went through all this with the airbags and such, on a 1/2 ton, and he ended up rolling his truck with the toyhauler attached. Insurance wouldn't cover a dime of it because he was beyond the maximum load limit of the truck. It was a total loss of truck AND trailer. Just something to think about when pulling these trailers with pickups.

·
Oregon Coast Duner
2,482 Posts
You can run between 5 and 100 when empty if you have Firestone bags... I run around 20 empty and 55-65 loaded on my 1/2 ton Ram pulling my 8K lb trailer... 5 psi is the minimum, to keep the bags from creasing which will eventurally lead to dry rot.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I run 5psi empty and depending on how heavy my load is, 40 up to 80 or 90 with really heavy loads, I have an onboard compressor, so I air up by feel and ride.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts