Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The stock shocks are set I guess to soft fron the factory, the "S" I guess is for soft and the "H" is for hard, if I am wrong please let me know, anyway I want to adjust them it there a medium setting or would you set it in the middle??? :huh:

Chuck
Tucson, AZ

·
Registered
391 Posts
When you are riding what are you experiences? Is it a stiff or spongy ride? Is the front end diving when braking? What type of riding do you do?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, I just started riding again after 10 years, from a Honda 200X 3 wheeler then to a TRX450 Quad, I have been riding in the desert both hard and soft sand, some jumps, water, mud, and coming soon at Glamis again, not sure what way to adjust or if I really need to, but I would like to know how besides reading it in the owners manual which had little info, any help would be appreciated.

Chuck,

Tucson, AZ

·
Registered
61 Posts
GO to the top of this forum and click on seach, key word suspension adjustment... You will get tons of infomation, do alot of reading...This way you can figure out what is best for you...Remember that the top screw is compression, the bottom screw is rebound & the dual locking nuts on top of the springs are the preload adjustment...I was in the same boat you are in now, i to purchased my 450r after many years away from riding and wasn't sure how to adjust it for my liking...Because of this web site i am very comfortable with making any and all adjustments to my TRX450r...So good luck and rock on!!!

·
Registered
933 Posts
i have a very different setup than when i first started tuning my suspension. because i have tried lots of different combos so, my advise is to start playing with those little screws. you will learn exactly what they do and find settings that you like and don't like. i would also suggest taking preload off the rear, if your under 200lbs loosen the preload all the way. you should also keep in mind that one setup is not going to be best for all conditions so you might have to change settings sometimes or just find a happy medium and leave it alone. i like the stock shocks alot, i think most people just go buy aftermarket shocks without giving the stockers a chance. there is the option of revalving if you reach the limits of the stock adjustments.
i type really slow so i won't say much more. go read up on suspension and if you have any more questions, i will try to help out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts