Honda TRX 450R banner

Adjusting air/fuel mixture screw

63K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  BATCH450r 
#1 ·
Is it the screw on the very bottom of carb? Just making sure I adjusted the rihgt thing thanks for any info.

#2 ·
Is it the screw on the very bottom of carb? Just making sure I adjusted the rihgt thing thanks for any info.[/b]

Yes, that's it. Does yours hang down and have numbers on it? If so it's aftermarket.

#5 ·
get a aftermarket one, they are way easier to adjust.

#6 ·
get a aftermarket one, they are way easier to adjust.[/b]
i dont think they have ones for 04-05s do they?

#13 ·
The way I adjust mine is to set the idle pretty high and adjust the screw until the idle peaks or is the cleanest sounding. That's where I stop and turn the idle back down and I'm done. Hasn't failed me yet doing it like this.

As far as getting to the screw, it helps to have a long screwdriver. Like said above, just loosen the clamps and turn the carb a little to get to the screw. Don't turn it too much though because you want to be able to leave it running while you adjust it.

#14 ·
Get your motor up to running temp

Bump your idle up higher than normal

Turn your screw all the way in (at some point your motor will idle down keep going all the way in)

Start turning your screw out till your idle picks up (it is very noticable when it does)

Then go 1/4 to 1/2 turn more for safety

Turn your idle back to normal

Ride it like you stole it

I do this in the morning then in the afternoon and if im going to ride at night i do it once it cools back down.

#15 ·
Get your motor up to running temp

Bump your idle up higher than normal

Turn your screw all the way in (at some point your motor will idle down keep going all the way in)

Start turning your screw out till your idle picks up (it is very noticable when it does)

Then go 1/4 to 1/2 turn more for safety

Turn your idle back to normal

Ride it like you stole it

I do this in the morning then in the afternoon and if im going to ride at night i do it once it cools back down.[/b]
very good info. thanks bulldawg ill have to write it down or memorize it :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.