Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need someone to answer this quick for me as I am going to buy a AC racing bumper and the guy needs to know tonight...

Will the stock tail light mount where the number plate is suppose to go? Any modifications need to be done.

Also, anybody know where I can get something that will mount to the grab bar to hold my whip for the dunes. The wide grab bar does not have anywhere to put the flag.

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
The tail light won't mount to it. I took two 1 1/2" u bolt clamps and removed the strap part. that gave me two small strips of metal about 2" long with 2 holes in each one. I bolted them to the light and then bolted it to the grab bar. It almost looks factory. I rarely use my tail light, but when I need to put it on for night riding i have it and it works great.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Originally posted by Ride_Red626@Sep 24 2004, 08:46 PM
How about a whip mount?  Anyone have a suggestion for that?

Thanks
Dave
Yeah, get a PRM grab bar instead. Looks way better and comes with tail light mount and whip mount hole. It's just easier to buy the PRM rather than go through all of that non-sense with the AC grab bar.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I bought it lol. I couldnt pass it up. 60 bucks for an AC front bumper and wide grab bar which are both brand new in the packages. I will make the grab bar work and if not it may be for sale. Not a big deal if I have to throw the stocker on there every few weekends to go to the dunes I guess.

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
29 Posts
I beg to differ. The tail light does fit on the AC wide grab bar. I have one and they give you 2 little aluminum strips for the number plate to mount to. They worked fine for the light :lol:

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
I got rid of my AC wide grab bar, It bends really easy, easier then the stock one, and there is no flag mount. I know have the PRM grab bar, and I like it way better.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I got it yesterday. The stock taillight didn't fit, and there was no whip mount (which I knew). So it has taken seat up high in the garage and I will try to find a PRM or even just keep the stocker (I polished the heck out of it) and get a 6 pack rack for the dunes.

Dave

·
Registered
29 Posts
the one I bought came with 2 aluminum tabs that I used to mount the tail light and it fit perfectly... I'm going to have to take a picture of it to prove it

·
Registered
91 Posts
Go with the Pro Armor wide bar. It looks just like the AC, has the whip tab, tail light mount, and it's probably made better!

Check it out at Magic Racing. (I love that place!)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts